Thread: Paint codes

EBRforum Junkie

Paint codes

Does anyone know if we are able to get the paint codes for EBR colors. All I'm really looking for is Midnight Black. But the codes for other colors would be nice.

EBRforum Expert
    All the colors except for Laguna Blue are molded into the plastic. There probably aren't any paint codes.

EBRforum Junkie
    I'm getting a Hot Bodies tail section for my Midnight black SX. I'll bring him the headlight trim to match it up. Thanks

Other than different glosses, whats a different "Black"?

I thought "Black" was just Black?

Cooter, near as I can tell Galactic Black is more of a dark "root beer" color, with some sparkly flecks in it. Midnight Black -what I've got- is about the same color you see when you close your eyes in a dark room...One of these blacks is really black. The other, not so much

EBRforum ProvNov
    Since we're on the subject of EBR black colors...

My 1190RX is Galactic Black - the 'root beer brown' looking one. While it was unique, I was elated to see that EBR came out with Midnight Black - a true black - on both the SX and RX. I like black, I really like black. I only wear black until they come up with a darker color. If only Vantablack coating was commercially available...and didn't obscure geometric shapes...

Back when it was easily possible, I ordered a Midnight Black Intake Cover (cosmetic air box cover). In the process of ordering it, I was asked if I wanted a painted one or a molded in color one. I inquired about the difference and was informed that the molded in color one (which was readily available) was used on the SX and the painted one (which would require waiting) was used on the RX. Thinking to myself, apparently that is why a Midnight Black RX had a higher retail price (from what I recall) - painted bodywork. I ended up getting the molded in color version as I'm not patient, and I have overall positive experiences with the molded in color vs. paint on my other Buells. Unfortunately I didn't complete a Midnight Black RX bodyset before LAP said uncle - and bodywork became 'reserved for warranty'.