Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Seat

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by MakingPAIN View Post
    I think that's just the fabric they are selling you will still need better foam and someone to install it on the seat tray

Correct. Those luimotos are just covers.

EBRforum Newb
    In addition to recovering and adding gel to the seats, I'm also now selling complete, ready to go seats built on factory pans, with an updated shape based on feedback from customers. Been a lot of requests to bring the front of the seat up a little bit, so our complete seats all have that new shape, along with the gel and upgraded foam.

I'm sorry to hear the seams are uncomfortable. That's always one of my concerns with having seams in a seat, but you're the first I've heard mention it on the EBR seats. They should settle down into the top layer of foam over time. The way I do the seats is a multi-layer, multi-density approach for a mix of comfort and support. The outermost layer of foam will "absorb" the selvage (bulk) from the seams with time. But being in AK, your riding season is probably even shorter than mine, so it might take ya a little while. Usually a couple months of riding gets everything settled down into the foam.

If you want to recover them with the solid covers though, cover the shipping, and the covers and labor are on me.

No worries stitch, I'll get some pics to you as well. I still love the seat, that little issue is the only problem I've found so far. I've done a few 300+ mile days as well. It's bright 24 hours a day, so I spend most days/nights on the bike right now. I'll see about getting that seat broken in yet!

EBRforum Novice
    Stitch, is this an opportunity your offering for others or is this a personal hobby? I would be willing to get in on the deal of a new re-designed seat.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by SX_Bueller View Post
    Stitch, is this an opportunity your offering for others or is this a personal hobby? I would be willing to get in on the deal of a new re-designed seat.
    This is my full-time job. We even have a shop on main street in our little town. I still need to fiddle with the purchase settings on my website (keeps doubling shipping), so in the meantime, shoot me a message at stitch@customcycleseats.com, and I'd be happy to discuss options with you.

EBRforum Novice
    Nice!

EBRforum Newb
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBR black.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	1603Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebr blacktone.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	1604Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebrblacktone.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	1606Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebra.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	1605

An all black seat on a customer's bike. Couple angles of the 2tone option. Side by side of our seat vs a stock seat (before being covered).

EBRforum Newb
    Hi Stitch have you tried building any seats with heat? I was looking into a daylong for my SX/T build but I like the look of your seats.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by CMMagnussen View Post
    Hi Stitch have you tried building any seats with heat? I was looking into a daylong for my SX/T build but I like the look of your seats.
    I could look into it, but I haven't found any elements small enough to fit the shape of these seats yet. I'll do some checking around with my suppliers though!

Quote Originally Posted by CMMagnussen View Post

You had me at SX/T. I must know more.