Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Seat

EBRforum Newb

Aftermarket Seat

Hi All:

I am new to the forum but will be scowering threads for advice. I just made the switch from a night rod special to the 1190sx and oh my damn! This thing is a beast. I bought a red one with 4 miles so I am still breaking it in. Any advice on an aftermarket seat? My a$$ is killing me after hour long rides. Anyone tried this out?

I think that's just the fabric they are selling you will still need better foam and someone to install it on the seat tray

I believe qurtrn10 bought these and seems to like them. I got mine redone by Stitch Wilson from the FB group. I like them, but if I had to do it again, would only go with a single cover material, as the seams create hot spots during longer rides. I've got an RX

EBRforum Junkie
    Being a new bike, once you ride it a bit more, you will become accustomed to the seat - it's much more comfortable than it looks. I put over 2000 miles in one week on a RX with a stock seat and it was fine.

That being said, you have a few options. On the FB Group, you'll find Stitch is recovering them with a thicker foam for extra padding. The seat in the picture is from Luimoto, and that design is setup more for grip for taking curves quickly - not so much comfort. I had Luimoto recover the seat in my SX and have been extremely happy, so they will be getting my RX seat soon. I went with a blue/black pattern to match the bike.

EBRforum Novice
    I know the feeling im about to get mine redone on the rx.

EBRforum Novice
    I heard that Sargent will recover the seat too. Kid Thunder had it done before his unfortunate accident. Hopefully he will chime in and let us know what it is.

EBRforum Junkie
    Here I am. I don't how to post pictures but it looks good with the red/white /blue stripes on the nose. But I am sending it back to be "skimmed" & the nose brought up. The seat pushes you forward toward the tank. I actually bought a salvage stock seat because it more comfortable. I am about to send it back to be modified.

The stock seat shoves the 'boys' into the airbox pretty badly too. I'm looking for a furry tank pad

EBRforum Novice
    Furry tank pad?
    Cooter is going to turn a winged horse into a buffalo. Add some horns too.

That's it!
    Tatanka! The new american motorcycle by Lakota Cycles. They could even put a hurting on Indian. "Tatanka, the only true native american motorcycle."

Someone put the reservation in touch with LAP.

EBRforum Newb
    I bought a few different types of foam from TheFoamFactory.com and I bought some fake suede from JoAnn Fabrics. I'm going to build up my own seat and cover it as soon as it gets too cold to ride here in CT. I'll report back.