Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EBRforum ProvNov

Uh-oh, is this bolt important?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20170706_005.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	465.9 KB 
ID:	1533So I found this bolt on the ground where I've been parking my 1190RX at work. I can't say for sure that it came from my bike as two other bikes and some cars park there too. A couple of the threads are a little boogered up but I think I may have run over it with my car. Anyway, I can't find a bolt missing anywhere!

Why I think it came from my bike: It's black, it's shiny, it looks new, it the style and color used on my bike, it was on the ground exactly where I park it every day.

Why I think I might not be: Wouldn't it have fallen out while I was riding somewhere?, I can't find any bolts missing, most of this style bolt on my bike have knurled heads, the two I see that don't (bolt swingarm together on left side) have different stampings on the head than this one.

Anyone else have a bolt fall out? I checked all motor mounts, exhaust tabs, and everything else I could think of without tearing the bike apart.

Edit: The bolt also had a black flat washer on it, not shown in the picture (because I misplaced it), and most of this style bolt that I see on the bike don't have a washer.
    Last edited by depechevelle; 07-09-2017 at 01:18 PM.