Thread: Denali split soundbomb install

Denali split soundbomb install

I've got a soundbomb on my Uly and was missing the horn volume on my RX, so when I saw they started making a split soundbomb my eye said it would fit, even if my brain hadn't sorted all the details yet. This weekend I finally got around to attempting the install and eventually I sorted it out. Here's how I went about it. Pictures, because they are easier than words.

I started with the horn and compressor. They mount pretty easily on the right and left sides of the headlight you just need to fashion yourself a bracket for each:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Horn.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	923.4 KB 
ID:	1521Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compressor.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	886.9 KB 
ID:	1518
    I ran the air hose under the plastic that goes under the headlight, but above the air dam. After that, I hit a bit of a snag. The pro install kit has a wire bundle that's far too large for me to figure how to run along the frame without dropping the motor, so I modified it. I disassembled the bundle and spliced a longer power cord that I ran up under the plastics over the airbox. I don't like how it protrudes from the front, so I'll continue to look for other options for it's placement. I decided to put the relay up with the compressor on the left side:

Name:	relay.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	1522
    I found that the mounting bolt for the OEM horn is also a ground, so I grounded the new horn to it as well:

Name:	ground.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	1520
    I had to dremel the connections in the pro install kit to adapt them to the OEM horn plugs, then I heat shrink wrapped them and buttoned everything up:

Name:	connector.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	820.1 KB 
ID:	1519
    Don't know if anyone else was considering it, but it's a nice upgrade to the bland (and ignorable) horn the bike came with.

I also installed some Koso Apollo heated grips using the aux connector under the headlight. If anyone's interested, I'll give a report on them after I've tested them out for a while.
    Last edited by toxicf16; 07-02-2017 at 09:08 PM.

EBRforum Junkie
    Nice write up and pics! Thanks.

I made a split setup using a Stebel Nautilus on my XB and 1125. Need to do the same on my RX...

Name:	P6221159.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	442.4 KB 
ID:	1529
    Name:  airhorn5.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  174.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I really like the air horn sound on the bikes and was pleased I could sort out getting this mounted. On my Uly there was enough room behind the plastic in front to hide it completely without any real modification.

Oh yea it is a definite improvement. I was planning to mount the compressor by the shock. They should be mounted vertical but horizontal mount never gave me an issues.

I started with that in mind, but I had difficulty finding a place by the shock that either A) Didn't interfere with the range of motion while turning due to the frame, B) didn't hit the plastics, or C) didn't look completely out of place. Since I've started contact wrapping all the wires so they don't clutter up the front, it almost looks like it should be there.