Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Honestly, is it dumb to buy an EBR now?

Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    We all want what we can't have. As soon as something becomes unobtainable it is worth more.
    I think it's more that the price makes them more attractive.

For now maybe. Once availability goes down to 2 or 3 in the country, I bet dollars to donuts prices go up.

Oh yeah they probably will. But all those low production number buell xb bikes are still at rock bottom.. I know it's different because harley motor vs cool motor. I just don't think there is a demand. Look at hodaka no one wants them. Maico very expensive but no one wants them, can't find parts. And all other obscure bikes that were lost at the hands of time. This might be these Bikes case

And my comparison is a little off those manufacturers are a bit older but, you know...

All good points. We'll see what happens, I believe you are correct that as time progresses they will depreciate like any bike, but I think there will be a peak for sales within the next 1-6 months

EBRforum Novice
    Seems to me Motorcycle.com's review vids may have given sales a boost. Even though they said it wasn't much competition to their top picks they state the 10K and under pricing now which will attract value shoppers (penny pinchers). I've been rather surprised with the upturn in sales. I've watched the leftovers for a couple years now.

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    Seems to me Motorcycle.com's review vids may have given sales a boost. Even though they said it wasn't much competition to their top picks they state the 10K and under pricing now which will attract value shoppers (penny pinchers). I've been rather surprised with the upturn in sales. I've watched the leftovers for a couple years now.
    You are probably right. I had a few people ask about it after seeing the comparison.

I have been watching those guys review bikes for years.. they are not truthful on their reviews in any way.. they have sponsors and bosses like us. Anytime someone brings up the EBR one guy will shoot the hell out of it with some retard nonsense about electronics or some stupid shyt about the front brake. I think those dudes only promote a bike if they are getting funding from the manufacture. They are shills... And the main dude is a azzhole always going off on his b.s. rants about his personal riding capability

They EBR should be pinned up against Ducati 1000 cc bikes and and any other v twin machine apples to apples. And it's funny they have never once said," hey people this bike is made here in America by a small team and they are going up against the big dogs.." And the last review they were splooging all over the new cbr like it was a God send.. then you see the pit crew and all the personnel out at the track.. That all takes big money, wonder who pays for all that??

EBRforum Novice
    I wonder if, just like taking anything the news says with a grain of salt, people don't take anything 'reviewers' say as gospel anymore. I stopped subscriptions to all magazines over a decade ago. I watch youtube 'reviews' of products from people who never say a bad word and from others who make it their job to be as hard as they can on things.