Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Honestly, is it dumb to buy an EBR now?

EBRforum ProvNov
    I've owned my 2014 for almost two years now. Aside from an initial learning curve regarding maintenance and a failed dash, it has been completely reliable and a joy to own. Like everyone else here, I'm a bit confused about what LAP is planning to do with the parts inventory they have on hand, but I'm fairly confident that with a bit of ingenuity and patience I'll be able to keep the bike on the road for years to come.

The biggest plus to me is how comfortable the machine is compared to other sportbikes. I have ridden it 600 miles and didn't end the day feeling like I had been subjected to a two-wheeled torture chamber. It's a bit rough around the edges, and can be a bit touchy, but of my five bikes, it's the one I ride the most, and by choice.

Is it "stupid" to buy one? I'd say no. Is it risky? Perhaps. But given the price you can buy two and keep one for parts and still spend less than what you'd spend on a single superbike from an established manufacturer. If it comes to it, I'll buy another one myself and keep it for spare parts.

Thanks for all the insight! Lots of good info on this forum. I think I wil be looking at it on Wednesday.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Are you referring to the eBay listings in Newnan, Georgia? One white SX and one red SX? If so, I saw them on Friday. They are legit. They are 2014's though, even though they were listed as 2015's in the ad. The listings ended yesterday, and the white one looks like it may have sold but I'm not sure. They have certificates of origin only, no titles yet. Not sure how difficult it might be to get one in SC.

Actually was looking the the two red 2015s that were at Southeast Motorcycles in Savannah (listed in cycletrader and their website). Called today and both are gone :( I was very serious about one but I guess I'm too late. None are listed in a reasonable distance for me and I don't want to buy with out sitting on one and hopefully riding one. Bummer.

Mine is for sale and I'll let you sit on it before you buy. I'll even let you test ride it, you can take her up to full speed if you desire.

Tell you what, you buy it and I'll ship it to you. If you decide you don't want it after riding it, I'll give you a refund and pay return shipping. Thats how confident I am you will keep it. She's a looker

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_b2.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	1512
    Last edited by 1190SX; 06-26-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Dang! Well I have to sell or trade my Capo first: https://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/6171147778.html

EBRforum ProvNov
    The guy in Newnan might trade you his new SX for your Capo, he has a Futura and another Aprilia already and really likes them. I may be giving him a call soon, I can check on it if you want. It might be worth your drive to buy his.

Quote Originally Posted by ManofManyGTs View Post
    Dang! Well I have to sell or trade my Capo first: https://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/6171147778.html
    Thats my kind of bike! I prefer the adventure, sport touring bikes now days! I mostly ride my GS.

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofManyGTs View Post
    Actually was looking the the two red 2015s that were at Southeast Motorcycles in Savannah (listed in cycletrader and their website). Called today and both are gone :( I was very serious about one but I guess I'm too late. None are listed in a reasonable distance for me and I don't want to buy with out sitting on one and hopefully riding one. Bummer.
    Man, I've been watching those for months, and they're STILL listed. That makes me wonder how many of the EBR's listed on Cycle Trader are really still available.
    Last edited by Hughlysses; 06-27-2017 at 05:00 AM.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Buell-E...RYd8A4&vxp=mtr

Item specifics
    Condition: New Year: 2015
    Mileage: 750 Exterior Color: Red
    Make: Buell Engine Size (cc): 1,190
    Model:
    EBR
    Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
    Sub Model (Optional): 1190SX Vehicle Title: Clear
    For Sale By: Dealer