Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle.com Superbike Shootout- Including EBR

EBRforum Expert

Motorcycle.com Superbike Shootout- Including EBR

The article has been posted:

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...treet-shootout

Their main complaints about the EBR seem to be lack of electronics and lack of refinement. They apparently did not compare track times for the bikes.

EBRforum ProvNov
    I like wizardry as much as the next guy, but Buell made a great point, its a bike not a cell phone. One of the best cars I have ever had, a monsterously supercharged Lotus elise had only ABS as it's driver assist.

I'm an analog guy, it was a consideration when I chose the EBR over the S1000R. I'll happily not deal with the inevitable glitches:)

Take a look at the Power Graphs!. The EBR absolutely demolishes every single other bike on the from idle to 11,000RPM!!!! HP and dramatically so on the torque graph as well.

EBRforum ProvNov
    O.k., so having 2000+ track miles on a S1000RR, and owning four EBR's, I agree with their observations about sorting. The other bikes are well sorted. However, their numbers prove my seat of the pants dyno. In race mode, with slicks, the Beemer can't hang at lower rpm's where most of us ride off the track. Not in a straight line, not in the corners for ease of flicking, and feeling like you are riding a light bike rides on rails. It is sad really. The EBR lost on the subjective factors, and lack of electronics.

It lost on electronics and brakes. ZTL is not your typical point and shoot ultra hard straigh up and down breaking set up. You want get good on an RX, follow a fast guy on a 250 until you can get by him consitently on the brakes. Then you can twist the grip and run with anyone.

The charts also show to flat spot in the EBR power and at 6-7k. Should have put a race ECM on it to try and even that out.

EBRforum Junkie
    I like the brakes for street use. They work just fine. I was really surprised at how effective they are. As for refinement I agree. There are to many of those "sliding nuts" I call them.
    Not many bolt/threaded holes like my Tuono. But that would surely get better with production time. But the engine is "there". Really refined & ready to go. Chassis is better than most other bikes on the market. Erik knows how to build chassis'. So with just that one small problem I mentioned it is ready.
    I also would trade ABS for the traction control for street use. But even that was coming I think.
    Love my EBR as much as my Vtwin Tuono.

My biggest complaint is the track gearing used for the street. While I agreed with Erik's sentiment of not de-tuning the street fighters like many manufacturers, I do think you should change the gearing so its more street friendly. At least the SX if not both. If I keep mine I definitely won't hesitate to go 45 tooth rear. I don't plan on needing that 170mph top speed anytime soon.

EBRforum Junkie
    Yeah but I attributed that to DOT sound regulations. Yeah the gearing is awful but so are most bikes. I geared my Tuono down to 44t & I have a 44t sprocket ready for the SX. Aprilias & Ducatis are mostly like that. If they do it to pass DOT regs than a sprocket is worth the cost. I live in RI so 160 will be OK!!!!

True I have geared down my other bikes as well. Except my GS.