Thread: Newbie sticky ???

EBRforum Newb

Newbie sticky ???

I know there weren't alot made but for the guys that have had their bikes for a while. Can a sticky be made for the newbies. My bike is the first brand new vehicle i have ever bought and dont know a damn thing about it. Break in period, things to watch out for... ( i noticed tonight at 68* it runs pretty rich at warm up. im assuming thats normal) how cold out is safe to run these i live in wisconsin and if its 55 during the day in spring ill ride to work but its 30* in the morning leaving work.

Theres an owners manual that covers that. The rest is typing in the search box.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoked~black16v View Post
    I know there weren't alot made but for the guys that have had their bikes for a while. Can a sticky be made for the newbies. My bike is the first brand new vehicle i have ever bought and dont know a damn thing about it. Break in period, things to watch out for... ( i noticed tonight at 68* it runs pretty rich at warm up. im assuming thats normal) how cold out is safe to run these i live in wisconsin and if its 55 during the day in spring ill ride to work but its 30* in the morning leaving work.
    Dont know what a sticky is.The display has a service interval menu that will tell u the exact miles to service.Mine was 618 miles.Low temps are fine just let is warm up first.The display will tell you when the engine is cold and the display will disappear when ready.Its normal for bike to idle that way during warm up.Make sure and read manual.BTW what bike u have and what year?

He's asking the mods to move a thread like what he's asking for to the top of the board so he and other ppl don't have to dig thru the post to find useful information. Unfortunately, I think there's a lot of great information here that falls into multiple disparate threads, so unless he's volunteering to moderate the board and compile it, I don't see it happening.

EBRforum Newb
    Sticky- a post that combines alot of FAQ's so newbies dont have to ask the same thing 100 times.

I read the manual it dosent detail issues people have had. Hence my question, also im aware of the search bar. Just figured id ask if someone with alot of ebr time could out line a sticky for quick reference, like almost every other forum has.

Also I have a 2017 1190rx. It was just removed from the crate at ebr in east troy (I live in wisconsin) so yesturday was an exciting day.