Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EBR 1190 Adventure Tourer AX

EBR 1190 Adventure Tourer AX

Since there is little to no information about this model, here is what I would like to see from an EBR adventure bike.

1) Weight: The 1190RS is very light weight. Granted it is $45000 for the lightest version, but the platform is proven to be lean. Getting into the adventure market with a full sized bike that one person can pick up from a past 90 degree dump in loose rocks would be huge. Short of that, I would love to see it come in at under 450lbs dry.

2) Performance: No doubt it will have more power than really needed in this segment. What will be important to me is how well they tune the motor to lug up a trail, through a water crossing, or more realistically, through stop and go city traffic.

3) Handling: 99% of the people who buy this bike will be far more likely to blaze a trail to the local grocery on any given day, than up a rocky accent to a secluded campsite. Because of this, the bike needs to have a slightly stiff setup to provide sporting handling on the asphalt.

4) Traveling: For me, nothing travels like an adventure touring bike. The seating position, the load capacity, the amenities, and the ability to take any dirt road you see, can't be beat. I just hope this bike travels well.

5) Fuel Range: I can survive with 6 gallons, but 8 is pretty darn cool. A majority of the weight down low would be nice too, so we are off to a good start here.

6) Tubeless: Plug and go.

EBRforum Expert
    It will be VERY interesting to see what EBR comes up with for this segment, with competition like the 2013 Ducati Multistrada and KTM 1190. Can't wait to see EBR's ADV bike.

EBRforum Newb
    Erik is known for innovation...I'd like to see some things that nobody else is doing.

1. How about a quick change wheel system that would allow you to have multiple wheel preset up for different types of adventures...and swap within a couple minutes.

2. A unique fork and brake setup that would allow for interchangeability between 17" and 19" front wheels.

3. Custom spec'd side cases that have replaceable impact bumpers for those low speed tip overs...which would be cheaper than replacing the whole bag every time your son drops your bike (did I say that out loud?).

And with the talk (on Speed channel) of EBR developing some electronic assist for the race bike in the off season...how about some sweet electronic assist components for the AX.

EBRforum Newb
    lets start big pic. is the engine gonna be a single or twin?

Quote Originally Posted by nilla View Post
    lets start big pic. is the engine gonna be a single or twin?
    Twin for sure,probably updated 1125

It'll be the 1190 engine.

It'll be tuned for its intended purpose, probably with less max HP, and more usable torque, and midrange power. Maybe different cams, and compression ratio.

I really like all those ideas....the quick wheel swap would be cool. 17s for city/street riding, then throw on some 19s with some hard core knobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUM View Post
    Erik is known for innovation...I'd like to see some things that nobody else is doing.

1. How about a quick change wheel system that would allow you to have multiple wheel preset up for different types of adventures...and swap within a couple minutes.

2. A unique fork and brake setup that would allow for interchangeability between 17" and 19" front wheels.

3. Custom spec'd side cases that have replaceable impact bumpers for those low speed tip overs...which would be cheaper than replacing the whole bag every time your son drops your bike (did I say that out loud?).

And with the talk (on Speed channel) of EBR developing some electronic assist for the race bike in the off season...how about some sweet electronic assist components for the AX.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUM View Post
    Realistically, I think you already have it.

A real wheel swap on the 1125 is less than 10 minutes even taking your time and safety wiring things, and if you go chain drive like the 1190 it's even faster. The Buell wheel system uses all captive spacers and a fixed axle -- it couldn't be easier! The chain kit is pretty straightforward, too.

Same for the front -- adjusting the fork height is 6 bolts, and there's already 1" of movement available on the 1125r, and I have no doubt the 1190 isn't much different.

I'd like a the fairing to be a little larger than the Uly's for highway riding, but other than that, give me a Uly style bike with the 1190 engine and hard bags, and that bike could go anywhere. Highway, trail, Dragon. A bike like that would have amazing versatility and take you anywhere you could imagine going.

EBRforum Newb
    I think the details of an ADV bike are going to be pretty well defined, so how EBR implements them will be the really interesting thing. To me, pretty much everything said above sounds reasonable, so let's hope we get some additional details soon! I am interested to see what "look" the bike is given. I have of course the Tenere and other similar ADV bikes in my mind, and also the Ulysses. Then again, who says Erik and Company will go with conventional look at all?