Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Piggy back ECM chip

EBRforum Junkie
    If it's of any value for you, I spent thousands of my own money developing the tune. Yes, you read that right, THOUSANDS.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by MakingPAIN View Post
    Loud is good .. my 1978 gs750 is louder than my sx... my big deal was getting the ecm and not liking the tune and not being able to write over it. Then buy a programmable one then dyno tune it and it be wishy washy.. I don't want to fvck this bike up because of a aftermarket part it kinda comes down to... don't get me wrong I love building power into a motor I have lots of toys but this one is out of my tuning knowledge area.. so it is scary hearing about people detonating these Bikes mostly because of their actions.
    These bikes grenading the engine is few and far between. They have good tunes if you stick with the proper exhaust and accompanying tune. And you can have a dyno tuner change the tune in the race ecm, but because each tune has been made well the extra gains are minimal and probably not going to be able to be utilized on the road anyway.

EBRforum Newb
    I have a 82 gs-850 with 8in straight through mufflers that is pretty loud. I cant even hear it run next to my Dean Adam EBR. That being said, I still love the Exhaust.
    Last edited by muleman; 05-23-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Dean look at this place and the other buell forums your like a rock star for exhaust everyone likes your product. Just look up there^^^^^. I started this thread to just to stir the knowledge pot. I didn't see any info about these ecm piggy back things, now people know.. and I made a exhaust choice out of it.

Muleman.. 1982 Gs cool bike I like the 4 valve motors and cv carbs.. I haven't tinkered a lot with them but still cool.. You like the shaft drive?? Never road one yet..

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    If it's of any value for you, I spent thousands of my own money developing the tune. Yes, you read that right, THOUSANDS.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    That throttle response was several months worth of back and forth tuning with IDS, along with a few dyno runs thrown in for good measure.
    --

And this is why I chose to purchase from you Dean.