Thread: EBR in Motorcycle.com 2017 superbike shoot out!j

EBRforum ProvNov

EBR in Motorcycle.com 2017 superbike shoot out!j

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...ootout-preview

I posted this over on BadWeb as well. I came across this earlier today. EBR will be in Motorcycle.com 2017 superbike shoot out. It will be interesting to see how the RX stacks up against the latest crop of electronic clad sportbikes!

The tease looks interesting..."yes they're still in business". What I've learned over the years riding Buells and now EBRs, is that the twisties on the roads don't hold a candle to trying to ride the rollercoaster that is following the ins and outs of the business end of Erik's endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicf16 View Post
    The tease looks interesting..."yes they're still in business".

OK, I get that they didn't just disappear and they still have motorcycles to move and they're still offering parts, but they seemed to make it clear that they wouldn't be making motorcycles anymore, so while they might still technically be in business for the moment, they're clearly in the middle of a "Going Out of Business" sale.

If they're still kinda, sorta in business (so much so that they're offering bikes for shootouts), why did they make that big announcement in January? Couldn't they have just quietly cut back on production and see what happened? If sales continued at a reasonable pace, they could have probably justified staying open at a lower production volume.

I'm not sure if something happened after the January announcement or if they're just limping along with a vague, ambiguous future, but based on the very tiny amount of public information, it just seems to get weirder and weirder.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post

OK, I get that they didn't just disappear and they still have motorcycles to move and they're still offering parts, but they seemed to make it clear that they wouldn't be making motorcycles anymore, so while they might still technically be in business for the moment, they're clearly in the middle of a "Going Out of Business" sale.

If they're still kinda, sorta in business (so much so that they're offering bikes for shootouts), why did they make that big announcement in January? Couldn't they have just quietly cut back on production and see what happened? If sales continued at a reasonable pace, they could have probably justified staying open at a lower production volume.

I'm not sure if something happened after the January announcement or if they're just limping along with a vague, ambiguous future, but based on the very tiny amount of public information, it just seems to get weirder and weirder.

My thoughts too.

It doesn't make sense and it sure wasn't business smart.

Who has won in this shoot out?
    EBR 1190 RX

Will probably be out in July/August issue...