Thread: AMA PRO to possibly be Broadcast live via online streaming Network

AMA PRO to possibly be Broadcast live via online streaming Network

http://www.nextmotochampion.com/nmc-...pro-flat-track

Fanschoice.TV is partially owned by NASCAR and will launch March 12th 2014. The service will be free to viewers(for now) with advertising by sponsors and commericals. We shall see what the quality of production is soon enough. I have a feeling it will the SPEED=Nascar2 all overagain as both AMA and NASCAR race the same weekends and there will be conflicts of both schedules and competion for sponsorhip dollars. I can also see CBSS sueing since they had a contract for the series thru 2015, and only held off becuase the number of event fell so drastically. Either way atleast we get to see EBRs in aciton for 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    http://www.nextmotochampion.com/nmc-...pro-flat-track

Fanschoice.TV is partially owned by NASCAR and will launch March 12th 2014. The service will be free to viewers(for now) with advertising by sponsors and commericals. We shall see what the quality of production is soon enough. I have a feeling it will the SPEED=Nascar2 all overagain as both AMA and NASCAR race the same weekends and there will be conflicts of both schedules and competion for sponsorhip dollars. I can also see CBSS sueing since they had a contract for the series thru 2015, and only held off becuase the number of event fell so drastically. Either way atleast we get to see EBRs in aciton for 2014!

I have to imagine they and CBS are in agreement (either based on the wording of the original agreement or an agreement worked out after the fact). I read somewhere (may have been here) that there was an issue because CBS required a minimum number of races in the contract and once it became clear the races wouldn't happen CBS wasn't interested in televising 5 races. But I can't imagine they'd turn around in that instance and tell DMG they can't do it themselves.

And while most of us don't hold NASCAR in high regard, one advantage of sharing the online channel with them is it could bring some people who currently aren't bike-racing fans. If they just broadcast something on AMA Pro's website, for example, we'd all be tuning in but nobody who wasn't already interested would be checking it out.

It should be interesting to see how it works.