Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

EBRforum Novice

What would you do?

I currently have a really sorted RX race bike and a full bike minus a motor as spares. Also have a tricked 1299 Panigale , which i'm currently racing. Sorry , but the Panigale stops and goes at the next level, (not as easy to ride). The Panigale stays as I haven't even touched it's potential, but am in two or three minds what to do with the EBR. ......... 4 minds????? 1.Keep as the occasional race bike and as a spare bike. 2. Part out the spares and part out the race bike. 3. Put on the road and keep all the spares .
    You probably dont want to know why I have a nearly complete spare bike ?

Name:  IMG_0536.JPG
Views: 805
Size:  74.3 KB

EBRforum ProvNov
    Option 3, gives you a great road bike.

EBRforum Novice
    I have sneaked out the road on it in race trim , with road tires , you're right there . But I have a Ducati 1098SF that is so suited to the unbelievable roads on my door step. But am contemplating EBR road bike.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Normally I would say you have the best of both worlds, but in your case the best of 4 worlds, 3 great bikes and awesome roads.
    cheers.

You blew up a motor too didn't you? I heard I was one of 2 and the other guy was in Australia. Did you have a 2014?

Option 4: sell the panigale and use the money to fit an Aprilia front end and that will cure your stopping power issue. You actually lose a little weight as well and then you get proper brakes.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by ryandcramer View Post
    You blew up a motor too didn't you? I heard I was one of 2 and the other guy was in Australia. Did you have a 2014?

Option 4: sell the panigale and use the money to fit an Aprilia front end and that will cure your stopping power issue. You actually lose a little weight as well and then you get proper brakes.
    That was a friend the other end of Australia, I must be #3 then. Mine detonated on the dyno, and we were only going to do 3-4 runs to check the AF ratio before a race meet.
    Couldnt part with the Duc , its an animal , running 193hp at wheel and a dead flat torque curve higher than the EBR. EBR had 178hp same dyno. Still the chassis and power deliver on the EBR is magic. Honestly one is better off not having multiple rides !

Quote Originally Posted by Betterbuell View Post
    That was a friend the other end of Australia, I must be #3 then. Mine detonated on the dyno, and we were only going to do 3-4 runs to check the AF ratio before a race meet.
    Couldnt part with the Duc , its an animal , running 193hp at wheel and a dead flat torque curve higher than the EBR. EBR had 178hp same dyno. Still the chassis and power deliver on the EBR is magic. Honestly one is better off not having multiple rides !

Was yours and your friends a 2014 model?

EBRforum Novice
    Sure was , think it was #0009

It sounds scary...
    I read several times that the engines blows. What are the symptoms? Or all happen suddenly?
    Have you made any modifications to the exhaust system? Was there oil leakage from the engine?

I often twist the engine to cutoff of 3-4 gears. 2014 MY. Milleage is 14500 miles. Full stock. Road only.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Novice
    No warning, except the bike was down a bit in power. Less than 3000km . The front cylinder exploded, piston broke in two conrod bent at 90 degrees , barrel and block blown out into pieces. We never came to a conclusion as to what went first , a valve dropping, or the piston failing ?