Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Rumors?

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    LAP says they have $15M (retail) worth of spare parts on hand.
    We can only hope that someone buys these parts for resale or LAP makes them available for us in short order.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by han View Post
    I mean dang... there are STILL new 2014s unsold on dealer floors.These bikes dont sell.And the Sportbike segment is the most competitive ive ever seen.
    And without abs they couldnt legally sell in europe anymore.Not to mention nobody even knows what an EBR is.All these factors made for an insurmountable road block to healthy sales and profit.
    You're not wrong. I bought my 2014 RX with 2 miles on it last year off the showroom floor. You should've seen their faces when I walked in with cash in hand to buy it. I heard mumblings of the brand re-launching and I jumped on it thinking I was getting a smoking deal (which I did). Its a little disheartening of the soon to happen liquidation but ill still ride the **** out of it and enjoy it while I can. No sense in selling it because I wont be able to recoup any of that money. Plus I love this bike too much to part ways with it.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbound View Post
    You're not wrong. I bought my 2014 RX with 2 miles on it last year off the showroom floor. You should've seen their faces when I walked in with cash in hand to buy it. I heard mumblings of the brand re-launching and I jumped on it thinking I was getting a smoking deal (which I did). Its a little disheartening of the soon to happen liquidation but ill still ride the **** out of it and enjoy it while I can. No sense in selling it because I wont be able to recoup any of that money. Plus I love this bike too much to part ways with it.

Im never selling mine.We are all fortunate to own the basically the only american Superbike.Few in the world will ever see one let alone ride one.The rx is the bike Erik Buell dreamed of making but never could.Ive always dreamed of an american Sportbike and cant believe i actually own it.Its a blast to ride and you never see yourself on the road.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by han View Post
    Im never selling mine.We are all fortunate to own the basically the only american Superbike.Few in the world will ever see one let alone ride one.The rx is the bike Erik Buell dreamed of making but never could.Ive always dreamed of an american Sportbike and cant believe i actually own it.Its a blast to ride and you never see yourself on the road.

This is true. I took my RX to a meet and greet for a shriners fundraiser here in sac. I walked in to sign up and donate some money. Walked out and like 30 people were around it looking at it, trying to figure out what it was they were looking at. lol

Im with you. Ill never sell it. But I will be looking in to purchasing a Ulysses or an 1125R to putz around on to limit the beating on the bike.

EBRforum Expert
    These bikes may very well be the equivalent of Vincent Black Shadows in 15 or 20 years.

EBRforum ProvNov
    This is true. I took my RX to a meet and greet for a shriners fundraiser here in sac. I walked in to sign up and donate some money. Walked out and like 30 people were around it looking at it, trying to figure out what it was they were looking at. lol

Im with you. Ill never sell it. But I will be looking in to purchasing a Ulysses or an 1125R to putz around on to limit the beating on the bike.
    Its a piece of history.And its just simply an awesome bike.I got a chance to do some hooligan riding on it and had a blast.Its very comfy when speeding and the brakes are great.the pegs are amazing And its a gorgeous bike that gets stares

EBRforum Expert
    Here's some interesting info. Erik and his wife Trish were in England over the weekend to attend a meet hosted by the UK Buell Enthusiasts Group. This was posted to their forum a day or two ago:

... it was quite sad listening to Erik explain what had happened with EBR, the - total lack of interest in ANYTHING home grown due to 39% corporation tax! It appears he may well have got backing if he out sourced to S Korea/China/India etc, but rightly or wrongly he stuck to his principles and said that it would be made in America there by creating American jobs.
    That would certainly seem to explain the complete lack of interest from US investors.

EBRforum Newb
    Here's some interesting info. Erik and his wife Trish were in England over the weekend to attend a meet hosted by the UK Buell Enthusiasts Group. This was posted to their forum a day or two ago:

That would certainly seem to explain the complete lack of interest from US investors.
    In the end I am glad he stuck true to who he is. For his customers I personally would've liked them to do what it took to continue his brand we all love.

EBRforum Expert
    In the end I am glad he stuck true to who he is. For his customers I personally would've liked them to do what it took to continue his brand we all love.
    Yea, I know what you mean. There's always the possibility that an Indian, Korean, or Chinese company will buy the IP and tooling, but whether they'd convince Erik or any former EBR engineers to participate is a whole 'another story.

Yea, I know what you mean. There's always the possibility that an Indian, Korean, or Chinese company will buy the IP and tooling, but whether they'd convince Erik or any former EBR engineers to participate is a whole 'another story.
    I'm afraid this is very likely. I think Asian investors will recognize the value of the brand more than US investors do and I wouldn't be surprised to see Hero, Geely or similar selling EBR's in a few years.

And what stinks is they can buy the name and everything. It wouldn't be quite as painful if they just used the technology without the name, but it's going to be a kick in the gut to see a crappy Chinese bike being sold as an EBR.

I'm hoping nobody is interested in the IP and Erik can buy it and protect it. I wouldn't mind if Indian or Harley bought it and put their name on it and rolled it into their product line, and even if somebody like Yamaha (who I respect) did something with it, that wouldn't be too bad, but my nightmare is that it gets bought by a company that doesn't know or understand the brand and just sees dollar signs attached to the US name and heritage.
    Last edited by Scott; 06-02-2017 at 08:38 AM.