Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    I'd guess that if the guys at the factory know anything positive, they can't say anything because of non-disclosure agreements (NDA's).

It is strange that we're 2 months past the stoppage of motorcycle production and the announced production machinery sell-off, while EBR's website remains unchanged. The casual visitor would think they're still turning out bikes and that you can still put a deposit down on a new 2017 model, including the Black Lightning.
    Actually, it's even stranger than that. I noticed somebody on Badweb seemed to indicate they were adding dealers. I went and counted and saw they had 20 dealers. Okay. That sounds like about what they had when they shut down. But then I remembered I had been adding up the dealers for EBR and Cleveland Cyclewerks on this forum after EBR announced the production stoppage (because I was curious what a combined dealer network would look like) and I saw that at that time, AFTER the shut-down, EBR was listing 17 dealers.

So they actually have added ​three dealers since the shut-down. What's up with that? Why would they add dealers? Why would dealers agree to be added?

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Actually, it's even stranger than that. I noticed somebody on Badweb seemed to indicate they were adding dealers. I went and counted and saw they had 20 dealers. Okay. That sounds like about what they had when they shut down. But then I remembered I had been adding up the dealers for EBR and Cleveland Cyclewerks on this forum after EBR announced the production stoppage (because I was curious what a combined dealer network would look like) and I saw that at that time, AFTER the shut-down, EBR was listing 17 dealers.

So they actually have added ​three dealers since the shut-down. What's up with that? Why would they add dealers? Why would dealers agree to be added?
    I hadn't really thought about it, but that is pretty strange. It's almost like LAP changed their mind after the press release, like "Well, maybe we'll wait just a while longer before we sell everything off." If LAP weren't 100% certain they were done with EBR, why the hell did they make an announcement at all? They could have just quietly stopped production. The January announcement couldn't have helped sales of the remaining bikes.

I am finally (well, nearly so) in a place to buy a new motorcycle (pending sale of our last home) and I am still undecided whether I'll buy an EBR or not. I sure wish we'd hear of some positive developments out of East Troy.

EBRforum Newb
    Well, that press release put themselves into an even bigger hole to climb out of. Why make those comments? They shot themselves in the foot as far as building consumer confidence goes.

HD needs to give Mr. Buell his name back- Go into a joint venture with some NA companies and start over. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    I hadn't really thought about it, but that is pretty strange. It's almost like LAP changed their mind after the press release, like "Well, maybe we'll wait just a while longer before we sell everything off." If LAP weren't 100% certain they were done with EBR, why the hell did they make an announcement at all? They could have just quietly stopped production. The January announcement couldn't have helped sales of the remaining bikes.

I am finally (well, nearly so) in a place to buy a new motorcycle (pending sale of our last home) and I am still undecided whether I'll buy an EBR or not. I sure wish we'd hear of some positive developments out of East Troy.

I'd assume it was one of two things:

1. They really did consider it done and were simply looking to liquidate.

or

2. They wanted to make one last Hail-Mary and figured they wouldn't get the attention of potential buyers unless they did something extreme to demonstrate "it's now or never".

Or maybe some combination of the two.

It's not too surprising to me that they put off the sale, because they may be getting some small nibbles that convince them it's worth hanging on to the equipment a little longer to see if they can get more for the complete package.

But the additional dealers are perplexing me. I could see that EBR/LAP might like to have a few more dealers on-board to make the company more attractive to a potential buyer, but what dealer would sign up under the circumstances?

I woke up last night with the sudden fear: "What if Hero buys them?" It seems that Hero was locked out of the liquidation because they were a former owner and couldn't bid, but what if they offered LAP a $2 million check now? As scary as that prospect is, they might be the most likely buyer.

I guess technically I'd rather have them survive even as Hero than just disappear... but just barely.

EBRforum Newb
    One of the newly added dealers is Southwest Superbikes in Dallas TX. I just purchased my 2017 SX from them. During my purchase, I was informed that they signed a dealer agreement so they could sell these bikes, which were originally allocated to a different dealer, with a manufacturers warranty and with hopes that EBR would continue in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by Davem3racer View Post
    One of the newly added dealers is Southwest Superbikes in Dallas TX. I just purchased my 2017 SX from them. During my purchase, I was informed that they signed a dealer agreement so they could sell these bikes, which were originally allocated to a different dealer, with a manufacturers warranty and with hopes that EBR would continue in some form.

EBRforum Junkie
    Game. Set. Match.

EBRforum Newb
    Damn...........

Having met him, I'll say that Bill Melvin Jr is one of the best liars I've ever met in my life. I know he and his company are just in it for the money, but near as I can tell he's got no honor or dignity. I watched him lie to buyers, dealers, and Erik himself. This is an unfortunate if not unexpected turn of events. And to start the liquidation during homecoming is just adding insult to injury. The only good thing I can say is that at least he lied long enough for me to get a 2016 RX. I don't care what misleading he did, this is a great bike.