Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Rumors?

Any Rumors?

From what I remember, the sale of equipment was supposed to happen in March, but it doesn't seem like that happened.

Are there any rumors (credible or otherwise) regarding what might be going on?

Should we just assume it's over or is there at least some reason for hope?

EBRforum ProvNov
    Nothing ive heard besides no production this year.
    liquid assets Partners and EBR are verbally optimistic about the future but you can understand from a buisiness point of view its not advantageous to tell customers your done.They have assets they still want to sell.That being said i still see new 2014 models still at dealers at bargain prices.Making it a big gamble for them to order more. 2017 also is the most competitive year for superbikes.And barely anyone knows these bikes exist.They need funding for abs to even sell in Europe which i hear is a big market.So it doesnt look good imo

Quote Originally Posted by han View Post
    Nothing ive heard besides no production this year.
    liquid assets Partners and EBR are verbally optimistic about the future but you can understand from a buisiness point of view its not advantageous to tell customers your done.They have assets they still want to sell.That being said i still see new 2014 models still at dealers at bargain prices.Making it a big gamble for them to order more. 2017 also is the most competitive year for superbikes.And barely anyone knows these bikes exist.They need funding for abs to even sell in Europe which i hear is a big market.So it doesnt look good imo
    Yeah, I suspect I'm just grasping at straws, but I was hoping something might be in the works. And it almost seemed like things were too quiet. It seems like the EBR people dropped off the face of the earth, but supposedly there are some people still there, so I'm wondering why we're not at least getting something from them.

EBRforum Junkie
    They can't tell us anything if they don't know themselves. I've asked on quite a few occasions when I've called for either tech info or parts ordering, they just simply know what we know. Nothing.

As far as I know, there's only 4-5 people there tops. Erik (obviously), Dan, Kim, Mike and maybe one other person.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    They can't tell us anything if they don't know themselves. I've asked on quite a few occasions when I've called for either tech info or parts ordering, they just simply know what we know. Nothing.

As far as I know, there's only 4-5 people there tops. Erik (obviously), Dan, Kim, Mike and maybe one other person.
    So do you think they know nothing because nothing's happening and there's nothing to know, or is it possible LAP is working a deal that the EBR folks don't know about?

In some ways, I almost wish they'd sell off the equipment so we'd know it's over and have some closure. Until that sale, it feels like there's some hope (but I'm afraid it's just a foolish hope).

The limited contact I've had with parts/tech I try to bait them into giving some word one way or another. All I've been able to get back is that "the wheels are turning" in East Troy. I'm with you Scott, I'm holding out hope until/unless the machinery is sold off...The timing of that short movie with Erik riding his SX paired with the sale not happening seems peculiar. I may just be looking too hard into this though.

EBRforum Junkie
    Yeah, I got the same answer the last time I ordered parts(About 2 weeks ago). The parts came very quickly & I could not "bait" them with questions & got nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicf16 View Post
    The limited contact I've had with parts/tech I try to bait them into giving some word one way or another. All I've been able to get back is that "the wheels are turning" in East Troy. I'm with you Scott, I'm holding out hope until/unless the machinery is sold off...The timing of that short movie with Erik riding his SX paired with the sale not happening seems peculiar. I may just be looking too hard into this though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Thunder View Post
    Yeah, I got the same answer the last time I ordered parts(About 2 weeks ago). The parts came very quickly & I could not "bait" them with questions & got nowhere.

Thanks. Sounds like they're at least trying to do something.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Some guys on BadWeB are doing a 'Homecoming' event where they visit the EBR/former Buell factory and plan various things in that area. Perhaps they might glean more about what
    "the wheels are turning" in East Troy
    means when they report back?

EBRforum Expert
    I'd guess that if the guys at the factory know anything positive, they can't say anything because of non-disclosure agreements (NDA's).

It is strange that we're 2 months past the stoppage of motorcycle production and the announced production machinery sell-off, while EBR's website remains unchanged. The casual visitor would think they're still turning out bikes and that you can still put a deposit down on a new 2017 model, including the Black Lightning.