Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maintenance on the RX

EBRforum Newb
    I have a bad habit of getting in over my head in terms of wrenching on bikes. Usually involves a non-running bike loaded in a truck in d-adams driveway.

EBRforum Junkie
    Working parts book online, nice addition.

EBRforum Expert
    On a related note, AF1 Racing has the parts book on line: http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scrip...dCategory=2803

EBRforum Junkie
    Look 2 posts above yours? Lol, thanks though. :)

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    Look 2 posts above yours? Lol, thanks though. :)
    Holy delayed post, Batman!

Not sure how that happened; guess I should have hit the "refresh" button at least once before posting.

Guys be very careful when handling your body work. I had my airbox cover replaced due to a flaw in the finish and when we removed it several of the mounting tabs got cracked. The body work is super light weight but its also paper thin. We've been warned.

Well looks like I will need to replace my brake pads before this next track day. I aggressively street ride and the RX sends you into corners much faster than you think, so being aggressive on the binders becomes second nature. 5.2K miles which include more than a couple track days and I'm looking for replacements. I could use a little more bite and out right power for track days but for the street the stockers were ok. I'm leaning more towards the 2015's but most of the bikes riding is done on the street. EBC HH didn't appear to hold up well on the 1125r but I have no first hand knowledge of such since I have only ridden and never owned that bike. Doosh or JDugger of Dadams any thoughts?

Side note the Rosa Corsa's are lasting about 3.5K miles front and rears need replacing at about the same time. May try Q3's this time around.
    Last edited by Classax; 05-10-2014 at 09:17 AM.

EBRforum Junkie
    I'd definitely go with the 2015's, they wear like IRON on the street. Great stopping power (stoppies are easy and I hate doing them) and they last forever. I'd guess I have a good 15k+ miles on a set on my 1125, still has plenty left.

Btw, Doosh is JDugger if you didn't know.

EBRforum Novice
    I like the 2015 a lot for track duty. Good, consistent performance, long lasting, better heat handling than other pads I've tried. I don't know about them in a street application and would be concerned about glazing, but have never tried it.

They will wear out rotors a little quicker. Anticipate replacing a rotor every couple of sets of pads. For me, that's probably 1-2 rotors a season, but I get a LOT of track time.