Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maintenance on the RX

Quote Originally Posted by fabric8 View Post
    Misread op, my bad!

1st time for me buying a bike with no documentation at all. Left the dealer Feb.21st with nothing (didn't get the owners manual until 2weeks later). From what I understand most of these bikes were shipped without MSO's.
    I got my owners manual yesterday but still waiting on the MSO. Two things worth noting, the suspension suggestions seem to be spot on, and the traction control settings seem to be well thought out as well.

EBRforum Junkie
    ECM "appears" to be the same via visual check. No idea on the programming. Also confirmed the 1125 and 1190 RS use the same filter, pretty sure the RX does as well.
    Last edited by d_adams; 03-09-2014 at 08:07 PM.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    No idea on the programming.
    It's definitely a different map. (duh). I'm having to reprogram mine to account for the 1190 kit.

EBRforum Junkie
    No, I'm talking DDFI-3 or is it even newer. Buell XB (2003) was DDFI-2, late model xb's and 1125's are DDFI-3. What's the RS and RX?

EBRforum Junkie
    It's a revision. Buell is still owned by hd, so the hardware is physically the same from what I can tell, it just has different programming and is called something else by EBR. They told me the name but it escapes me at this time.

Now I need to find the recommended chain lube. Whatever is on there now is slinging off and is somewhat messy.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    Now I need to find the recommended chain lube. Whatever is on there now is slinging off and is somewhat messy.
    New chains almost always use white lithium grease. It *is* messy.

When I get a new chain, I always clean it with WD-40 and a rag. Then, I like this stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMHO, you should clean a chain after each day's ride, especially as you are breaking in that new chain rub. You will get a lot of little bits of plastic (and rubber if you ride track) into the works.

I clean with WD-40 and a good rag, then dry the chain well, then apply the teflon stuff and wipe it back down. Chain stays quiet and clean.

EBRforum Junkie

^ 15.75" wide, outside edge of the stand at the spool if anyone's curious. Leaves about 3/16" clearance on each side.

^Active air intake solenoid cable, it does cause extra resistance at about 1/4 throttle.
    Yes, I put it back on. For now.

^ Throttle linkage screw, I _think_ it may be slotted to allow for a small amount of adjustment.
    Mine are synced pretty well so I'm not messing with it at this time.

You have a service manual yet or did you basically just start turning screws and pulling stuff off? Anyone know the torque specs for this thing yet? Unrelated, cleaning and lubing the chain definitately requires pulling the left side of the belly pan. After 1200 miles the smiles seem to be getting bigger!

EBRforum Junkie
    I've been a mechanic for longer than I care to think about, taking stuff apart and putting it back together is 2nd nature to me.

Taking stuff apart has always come easy to me. Its the putting them back together that always seemed to give me trouble.