Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine stutters help please

EBRforum ProvNov

Engine stutters help please

Engine stutters in 3 gear around 5k rpm.Is this normal.Am i in to high a gear.

No Not normal, my does not, at 3 gear around 5k rpm, with a 43 tooth.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by han View Post
    Engine stutters in 3 gear around 5k rpm.Is this normal.Am i in to high a gear.
    Have you removed the solenoid cable from the throttle bodies yet ("de-noid")? Also, do a "TPS" reset. Let us know if this clears it up.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    Have you removed the solenoid cable from the throttle bodies yet ("de-noid")? Also, do a "TPS" reset. Let us know if this clears it up.
    No i havent.What is that for?

EBRforum Newb
    No that's is not normal at all. It does lug a bit around 3-4K RPM but shouldn't at 5K. A tune will take care of that if it's an ECU issue. I have not "de-noided" it but I believe a tune will cure those from limiting power and whatnot. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not 100% sure of this but I've read it before on here. Also have you changed the oil yet since purchasing it? Mine rode ~30% better after the first oil change. Must be a big V Twin thing..?

No i havent.What is that for?
    http://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?301-1190-RX-denoid
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by PADicus1487 View Post
    No that's is not normal at all. It does lug a bit around 3-4K RPM but shouldn't at 5K. A tune will take care of that if it's an ECU issue. I have not "de-noided" it but I believe a tune will cure those from limiting power and whatnot. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not 100% sure of this but I've read it before on here. Also have you changed the oil yet since purchasing it? Mine rode ~30% better after the first oil change. Must be a big V Twin thing..?
    Well in third gear at 5k 55mph it doesnt do it but in fourth gear it does.And no i havent had my first service yet.Also i have the race ecu and tips in a box just waiting tilll after my first oil change.
    I read that thread but am still unclear as to exactly what a denoid does to the bike.Ill read it again to make sure

De-noid eliminates effect of the "rubber stretched gas handle". The sense of gas with denoid is more tangible.

All of my bikes I try to drive at high revs (specifically for the EBR it 7000-10000 rpm) on low gears. It does not matter how big torque has the engine and what is its displacement and number of cylinders. The right thing is riding at the torque.
    Driving at low revs is harmful to the any engines.
    Last edited by zviadi; 04-29-2017 at 07:27 AM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Junkie
    Well in third gear at 5k 55mph it doesnt do it but in fourth gear it does.And no i havent had my first service yet.Also i have the race ecu and tips in a box just waiting tilll after my first oil change.
    I read that thread but am still unclear as to exactly what a denoid does to the bike.Ill read it again to make sure
    I'd get that oil out of there if it is the original. I know the factory sets it's change intervals based on oil life, but screw that, the original oil has all the manufacturing debris in it. Changing oil out on s regular basis based on use, looks, and smell is far better insurance than just following a generic manual.

Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    I'd get that oil out of there if it is the original. I know the factory sets it's change intervals based on oil life, but screw that, the original oil has all the manufacturing debris in it. Changing oil out on s regular basis based on use, looks, and smell is far better insurance than just following a generic manual.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yes,