Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things to Note.

Put little over 100 miles on my 1190 yesterday, love everything about it, but the clutch pull, way to hard, so it will be better levers or Accassato or Brembo cylinder. My dads 78 ElectraGlide has easier clutch pull lol. In everyway it is better than the 1125, great machine, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by mackja View Post
    Put little over 100 miles on my 1190 yesterday, love everything about it, but the clutch pull, way to hard, so it will be better levers or Accassato or Brembo cylinder. My dads 78 ElectraGlide has easier clutch pull lol. In everyway it is better than the 1125, great machine, love it.
    Yep clutch pull is my only niggle. To be honest though while its a supper stiff pull, it has great feel, very precise and I really only notice how stiff it is at stop lights. On the go, downshifting for corners, and slipping it in traffic, it is firm but not taxing at all. Sitting at a stop light holding it all the way in, makes me start to think about getting new MC's within about 6 seconds. Other than that, its AMAZING! What are you running you traction control setting at, depending on the setting it really transforms how the bike reacts to WOT.

I set the TC at 3, can't really feel it working under brake in period, probably will turn it off and not use it or maybe set it at 1 or 2. Had a KTM RC8r, and I would run it pretty hard and never had any tire spin. I keep it sane on the street, and this bike wont find it's way to the track for a few more years. I have the Accassato on my 1125 and it works great, so unless I can find some levers the give me more leverage, I will mount the Accassato unit on both sides. Although the Magura unit on the KTM did a great job also, might try one of those.

I think I got a weak one... only 159.25HP 79.18*F, 29.58in and 72% humidity on the initial pull gave us this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1190RXFirstpull.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	224
    Corrected that's in the neighborhood of about 165.62 at the rwh bone stock! Look at that air fuel ratio! BEAUTIFUL!
    and now the fun begins....
    Last edited by Classax; 04-03-2014 at 05:06 PM.

EBRforum Junkie
    The coil driver pickup for reading rpm is under the seat, only one bolt to get at it. It's the same wires/pins as an 1125 and easier to get to. Clip the inductive pickup lead around both wires (they're taped together anyway) and you'll get your torque reading.

Yea we did, This was a just quick baseline so I didn't have them print out all the screens. Peak torque on the base pull was 90.51ft-lbs(all numbers quoted are corrected)@8300RPM! The thing is from 3200 RPM its 69.88ft-lbs and it never goes below 74.77ft-lbs until redline at 11.5 grand. There's a definite step which is more of an incline, to the curve, which is actually more of a slope than a curve, definietley not an arc. From about 6100 on to the peak @ 8300, but on the bike you feel it seem to really hit at about 7.6 and it just keeps pulling all the way to redline. Its weird, its a big midrange hit( surge, boost, hit isn't the right word but we'll go with it), that's very manageable, yet still quite brutal. It doesn't give the traditional top end rush so to speak but doesn't have a distinct sign off either. It just pulls and pulls and then you are out of revs. Way more fun riding the bike than the dyno sheet would suggest. The power is very accessible and useable. Its being smooth around town in 15mph turns that I going to have to rethink and master with this thing. Parking lots are not its friend. Below 20mph she is grumbly when cold and you need to slip the clutch even when warm going that slow. Any turn you can take above 25mph is like magic.