Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modification recommendations

EBRforum Newb

Modification recommendations

Its time to spoil my 2014 sx. Ive had it stock for a while and been meaning to change it up.
    Anyone have recommendations for any fender kits, mirros, sliders, exhaust..whatever! Haha

Thanks!

EBRforum Junkie
    Tech Specs grip kit is awesome! It is much cooler on the legs than being on the smooth hot gas tank. Frame sliders can actually wreck your frame far worse that what might otherwise happen in a crash/slide, so be mindful of that when spending a hundred bucks on them. There are a couple decent choices of exhaust. The most popular is the Dean Adams can. The APH Performance Exhaust is awesome in that the guy uses quality light weight stainless as well as has welds that look like they are done on a robotic arm! The HMF exhaust is a bit quieter than the two aforementioned, and brings the can up where secondary can mounts. All three have good tunes available as well. Bar end mirrors off eBay will get those rabbit ears off the front of the bike for sure!

http://techspec-usa.com/motorcycles/buell.html.

Quote Originally Posted by xenno92 View Post
    Its time to spoil my 2014 sx. Ive had it stock for a while and been meaning to change it up.
    Anyone have recommendations for any fender kits, mirros, sliders, exhaust..whatever! Haha

Thanks!
    Ok, since you asked , I have ,CRG mirror, Fiber twisted design Tail and block off cover, 5-0dro sliders, Dean Adams Tune, APH dual exhaust, 43 tooth rear, passenger strap removed. And a rear seat cowl on order.
    Attachment 1431
    Last edited by EBRRider; 04-19-2017 at 06:53 PM.

EBRforum Newb
    how do you like that 43 tooth sprocket? does the 43 work with the stock ecm?

I really, Like it you can actually use 6th gear, And dont have to feather the clutch so much to take off. Yes, Works with the stock ECM and chain.

EBRforum Newb
    Thanks . Just got mine yesterday already ordered dean adams exhaust not sure if i want the 44 or 43 tooth sprocket. i went with the undertail twisted designs tidy. Have not decided on bar end mirrors yet. crg lane splitters or arrows. kinda like the lane splitters but really have not seen them on an sx yet.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybuell View Post
    Thanks . Just got mine yesterday already ordered dean adams exhaust not sure if i want the 44 or 43 tooth sprocket. i went with the undertail twisted designs tidy. Have not decided on bar end mirrors yet. crg lane splitters or arrows. kinda like the lane splitters but really have not seen them on an sx yet.
    I will take a pic for you tomorrow. if you would like. If you go with a 43 or a 44 it will take a diff ECM for each.

EBRforum Newb
    16mm clutch master was a great improvement on stock if you don't have the reduced effort kit. I threw on an RCS 16 I picked up for cheap on one of the forums and, though it isn't feather light, it's much more manageable.

EBRforum Newb
    Sweet! Ive been looking at dean adam's website. Definitely going with either something from him or APH.
    I'll have pics soon too!

Newb question since we are here. My 2nd service is coming up. Would it be more efficient to get that done and have my exhaust and cat converter? And too be honest im not too sure about the ECM tuning? Does some come prepare to install or is that something you have to get tuned up?

Thanks for the recommendations!

Quote Originally Posted by xenno92 View Post
    Sweet! Ive been looking at dean adam's website. Definitely going with either something from him or APH.
    I'll have pics soon too!

Newb question since we are here. My 2nd service is coming up. Would it be more efficient to get that done and have my exhaust and cat converter? And too be honest im not too sure about the ECM tuning? Does some come prepare to install or is that something you have to get tuned up?

Thanks for the recommendations!
    http://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?1...X-oval-exhaust Here is a great deal!!