Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kickstand Doesnt shut bike off...Stupid!!

EBRforum Junkie
    One reason I bought the RX over my other choice...the lack of gadgets.
    I drive my RX daily, also in the rain. Don't miss the lack of a kickstand cutout at all.

Just know your gear.

Mike

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    The bike was bread for racing. They didn't waste time or money to trick out a system racers are going to toss. Look how many guys have to deal with a jumper for the side stand interup on other bikes. Same on switch gear.
    I agree its more a race bike but i believe the lack of some features was more from lack of funds like Padicus said
    "And the price was so high to try to cover for the R&D that went into the bike, mostly the motor and TC" I saw Erik himself say in a video they didnt put abs because they didnt have enough money.

At the end of the day they put the money where it matters which was the right move.Im just Analyizing the bike and the Company

EBRforum ProvNov
    Agreed.Ill just need to not be stupid lol

EBRforum Newb
    Side stand switch problems were common on the tube frame Buells looks like they eliminated the potential problems on the EBRs.

EBRforum Junkie
    My '03 Buell came with a side stand kill switch originally. When I bought the redesigned side stand, it did not come with provisions for the kill switch anymore. When I asked tech about it, this is what I found:

In the past, a side stand left down would act like a pole vault and potentially cause serious damage or injury, so the side stand switch was very helpful. Later, the side stands were designed so that they would either just scrape or fold up if the rider forgot to put them up (2004?). After passing multiple safety checks, this new side stand design eliminated the need for a side stand switch.

In Europe, they required the side stand switch for quite a while, but last time I heard (about a year ago) it was being removed from the list of requirements due to newer, safer designed side stands. This requirement had been a hold over from a long time ago.

EBRforum ProvNov
    If you look at the owner's forums for just about every bike that has a kickstand kill switch you'll find many threads explaining how to remove them. Another thing to wear out, break, and leave you stranded with a bike that won't start.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    The bike was bread for racing. They didn't waste time or money to trick out a system racers are going to toss. Look how many guys have to deal with a jumper for the side stand interup on other bikes. Same on switch gear.

This.

Its a damn race bike on the streets, not your bmw touring bike.

Most of us consider a side stand switch to be burden not a feature.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by noone1569 View Post
    This.

Its a damn race bike on the streets, not your bmw touring bike.

Most of us consider a side stand switch to be burden not a feature.
    I ride my bike harder on the street than most do on a track.And i ride a lot.All supersports are in essence race bikes.I like having the feature.

Quote Originally Posted by han View Post
    I noticed that the bike doesnt turn off if the kick stand is pull out.Wow.
    I have a much older bike that will not start in gear with the kickstand down.And will automatically shut off if you pull the kickstand out unless youre in neutral.Great feature

With all this tech and the original pricetag was $18,995 why would this be overlooked? Not to mention no fuel gauge .Yeah i can survive without it but for what they were asking in the beginning tbis bike should not be lacking simple features.Also where are the Hazards? And yes i love this bike just being real
    Hmmm... My RX with kickstand kill switch...

Hayabusa and ZX-14 are not such evil motorcycles as it is commonly believed.
    Just open more gas on RX))) and you will be pleasantly surprised. Especially in corners.
    Last edited by zviadi; 04-17-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    EBR 1190 RX

I just re-set my trip meter when I fill up. Easy, and it gives a much more accurate DTE than a needle 'about halfway'. Even on my bikes with a gas gauge, I do the same thing and ignore the needle.

You want cruise control too? Buy a S1000R.