Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is ebr out of business !?!?

EBRforum ProvNov

Is ebr out of business !?!?

I cannot seem to find any reports past January of the current status of the Company.Ive called the East Troy facility directly and the said they have halted production with unsold bikes still on the floor.They insisted they are not out of business but i wouldn't exactly trust them to be 100% honest.

What i do know is that few Dealers have slashed prices just to move the bikes they have.I cant see any new dealers wanting to buy more and they still have product left on the factory floor.
    I just cant see them selling enough bikes to stay viable.Please any info would be appreciated

EBRforum ProvNov
    I suspect they are like Delorean at this point, a warehouse of NOS parts with just a few employees. And I think they are still seeking a funding source as they say in their press release, but I just don't see it going anywhere for the exact reasons you stated. I have always liked Buell and would like to see them succeed but I bought one last month without the expectation of a dealer/factory network.

A few reasons I am not worried about buying a bike without a support network.

-I don't need anyone else for maintenance or repair.
    -Many of their parts/consumables are vendor supplied, used on other products
    -They will likely continue to sell parts, if they close up shop someone will buy the stock and sell them
    -If major spares or assemblies are needed bikes are being parted out and sold on eBay all the time
    -Other than deliberate upgrades how much stuff does a bike normally need?

EBRforum ProvNov
    Exactly what i was thinking.Just bought mine.Havent even ridden it yet lol.I mean jeez i still see dealers with 2014 models.I am obsessed with bikes and i barley heard of ebr.The common consumer has no idea these bikes exist.

EBRforum ProvNov
    I had an air cooled Buell years ago, then a few months ago I thought "why don't I own a Buell now?" so I picked up a 2006 XB12 Lightning and did a nice cleanup and then some performance upgrades and it is a keeper for sure. But I started reading up on EBR which I really didn't know much about and had not looked into because I liked the idea of the air cooled Buells, a sport bike built around the HD cruiser engine. Going water cooled seemed like it would be just another sport bike, but the more I thought about it why not have both came to mind and with the price you can pick a new one up for I couldn't resist.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Subarubrat View Post
    I had an air cooled Buell years ago, then a few months ago I thought "why don't I own a Buell now?" so I picked up a 2006 XB12 Lightning and did a nice cleanup and then some performance upgrades and it is a keeper for sure. But I started reading up on EBR which I really didn't know much about and had not looked into because I liked the idea of the air cooled Buells, a sport bike built around the HD cruiser engine. Going water cooled seemed like it would be just another sport bike, but the more I thought about it why not have both came to mind and with the price you can pick a new one up for I couldn't resist.
    Ive always respected buell but hated the looks of all the bikes until he started EBR! For as long as i remember ive always dreamed what a FULL American Superbike would look like.I was truly astounded by the 1190RX and then recently seen how cheap they were i had to strike.

EBRforum Junkie
    han -

Just a note on peoples names, while you may not care, have some respect for others. His name is Buell, not buell.

Mike

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    han -

Just a note on peoples names, while you may not care, have some respect for others. His name is Buell, not buell.

Mike
    Are you joking?

EBRforum Junkie
    Little secret, one of his pet peeves is correct spelling of his name. It's Erik with a K, not a C.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    Little secret, one of his pet peeves is correct spelling of his name. It's Erik with a K, not a C.
    Well he can thank his parents for that life long problem lol
    https://youtu.be/sphHfRmI5EM

EBRforum ProvNov
    Yep, my name gets butchered left and right, I some how manage to survive. As for mister buell, Erik or Eric as the case may be that dude is the best bike designer on the planet.

Back to the topic at hand, are they in business? I called the parts line the other day to ask about a part number and since mine was new out of the crate I asked if there was any chance that it was under warranty, I did not expect it to be but thought it was worth asking. The guy I spoke to was very nice but did say that the warranty did not carry over to the "new company". If EBR halted manufacturing they would still be the same company, so something must have changed.