Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: set up

EBRforum Newb

set up

Curious... anybody have a base line for what to set the sag on our bikes, front and rear? I'm going by the manual for compression and rebound, but I can't find anything about sag.

Depends on weather you want set up for track of street. Street 35mm front and rear is fine, track 25-30 along with some geometry changes.

What type of geometry changes are you making to make it better for the track?

Quote Originally Posted by rb21 View Post
    What type of geometry changes are you making to make it better for the track?
    Raise the forks up to 25mm to 28mm above the top tree, or with forks fully extended 485mm from the top of the lower tree to center axle and adjust in small increments +/-.

10-4
    I was hoping that it was just a fork adjustment

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by mackja View Post
    Raise the forks up to 25mm to 28mm above the top tree, or with forks fully extended 485mm from the top of the lower tree to center axle and adjust in small increments +/-.
    I
    still need to do this.

EBRforum ProvNov
    so for the street you want 35mm of the shock exposed up top? or am I reading that wrong?

For RX owners with stock forks, there is a reference line on the girl itself. This line is flush with the top of top triple from the factory. Could we all agree to use that as the measurement mark? I know other ways are more accurate but this will get us all in the ball park.

EBRforum Junkie
    Depends on YOUR weight..!
    What works for a 150lb. person...won't work for a 200lb. person..!

You can get the basics on how to set the suspension online, but only YOU, with full gear on can actually set YOUR bike's suspension.

Mike

Yes weight has to do with preload, rebound, compression, SAG, but not geometry. I ride some with Geoff May and he gave me the starting point geometry numbers for the rx. With front end picked up with a head lift stand tire off the ground and forks fully extended measure 485mm from the top of the lower triple tree to center of the front axle, rear shock 322mm eye to eye from there adjust according to the track +/- mm increments.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fork 1190rx.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	1408

If you set up according to the numbers up top you should have 27mm of fork above the top tree. Measure from the top of the tree to top of the fork. For the street use the lower reference line place the line even with the top of the tree.
    Last edited by mackja; 03-30-2017 at 01:40 PM.