Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 1190RX with front end mod

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My 1190RX with front end mod

Didn't mean to high jack another thread but I also had a front end swap. We mated the EBR steering stem with the rsv4 top and bottom triple tree. Made a steering stop and a steering damper bracket out of machine aluminum. I have a fly hammer black top yoke to fit permanently but right now it's the stock rsv4 yoke. It seemed to align pretty well but will dial in the front suspension over the first couple of track days before my first race.

The front end is KTech suspension, forged aluminum wheel, brembo GP4RX calipers, brake tech rotors (still to be fitted), spiegler lines, DP Brakes xtrac race pads, brembo RCS 19 master, motul rbf600 fluid, ohlins damper, carbon fender. We also cut the pipe down 4 inches, upgraded ECM from EBR. New 520 chain. Quick shifter. We're also going to fit the rsv4 rear wheel which weighs 4lbs less than stock and will cost much less than the $1800 mag wheel from EBR. We also removed the fans and swapped the stock shock for the ohlins TTX. Has some other Carbon bits and a remote adjuster. Still need to fit the motion pro quick throttle but that looks to be quite a task. Here are a few pics

Last edited by ryandcramer; 03-05-2017 at 01:27 PM.

EBRforum Newb
    Dang that's a ton of work. You'll have to let us know how it rides on the track. Curious to hear how that front end feels when ridden hard compared to stock. Seeing as EBR and Buell's trademark was to remove the unsprung weight and some had to have been added back there. Still, I bet those brakes are killer compared to stock and well worth the slight weight penalty. Enjoy the ride, I'm super jealous!

It actually weighs less than the oem setup. The calipers weigh next to nothing and the forks were lighter. The wheel was close in weight so after a first "shakedown" around the streets it feels pretty good and the brakes are insane.

For the rotors I'm waiting for the gen 3 braketech cmc rotors to drop. Those things are legal and weigh just over a pound each.
    Last edited by ryandcramer; 03-05-2017 at 08:16 PM.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by ryandcramer View Post
    It actually weighs less than the oem setup. The calipers weigh next to nothing and the forks were lighter. The wheel was close in weight so after a first "shakedown" around the streets it feels pretty good and the brakes are insane.

For the rotors I'm waiting for the gen 3 braketech cmc rotors to drop. Those things are legal and weigh just over a pound each.
    Would be interested to hear when the rotors are available,and cost.

I took the simpler approach of using Ohlins forks , EBR trees, Brembo monoblocs and a Marchesini forged magnesium wheel.

I pretty much broke even with the EBR wheel, rotor, and caliper weight.

Last edited by C. Dolan; 04-12-2017 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Dolan View Post

I took the simpler approach of using Ohlins forks , EBR trees, Brembo monoblocs and a Marchesini forged magnesium wheel.

Where did you get that akropovic pipe?

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by ryandcramer View Post
    Where did you get that akropovic pipe?
    I fitted an Akra muffler ( from ebay ) to an HMF mid pipe.

I have since done others with an Arrow muffler, and just got a Micron TI muffler, today, that weighs under 3 Lbs.

EBRforum ProvNov
    This one a flange to sleeve clamp I made:

THis one a sleeve adapter I made:

Quote Originally Posted by C. Dolan View Post

Hey C. Dolan

Could you give me a little bit more information on which parts you ended up using? I'm looking at going the same route as you on the front end, but I'm not sure which forks you used specifically.

• Are these the 43mm Aprilia RSV4 Ohlins forks?
    • Which Brembo monoblocks and rotors did you end up going with?
    • What size Marchesini magnesium wheels did you go with? Was there a donor bike that you got them from?
    • Did this require any modification to the EBR trees?
    • I see you changed the rear wheel to a Marchesini from a Honda race bike - which one did you choose?
    • Any advise from your experience putting the whole thing together?

Thanks!

EBRforum ProvNov
    Beautiful bike. Great work.

With a full tank of gas I have the bike at 416lbs

im also retrofitting my rsv4 rear wheel with a carbon rotor for an additional 7lb drop. With a gallon and half of fuel it should be around 385lbs for sprint races in WERA. If I can get some additional help I will go through the harness and remove the signals/lights harness and use titanium engine bolts. The goal being 360lbs without fuel.