Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So I bought a new in box EBR 1190RX

EBRforum Junkie
    As said, it isn't required to "update" the dash. I would not do it based on the percentage of people who have updated them and had a fault shortly thereafter versus the people who have just had a faulty dash that weren't "upgraded. That said, if you order the fully programmable ecm from IDS you can change sprockets and exhaust pipe configurations at will and then reprogram the ecm to the sprocket and exhaust tune.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryS1980 View Post
    For $300 more they can get your setup. The ECM/Tip kit from EBR is way overpriced.

Better off buying ECM from IDS and getting tips from exhaust shop.
    I support IDS whole heartedly, and I'm all for keeping as much of my own money in my own pockets, and if you get something cheaper go ahead, but for crying out loud quit with the overpriced stuff. IDS nor you local exhaust shop has any development cost they need to recoup so yes they can be cheaper. They don't have to stock thousands of parts for future repairs so yeah they can be cheaper. They don't have to carry the overhead of an R&D and Production staff or pay for EPA testing. GENUINE EBR parts are more expensive because those dollars have to cover a whole lot more. Are they expensive? YES but probably not nearly as costly as not having a bike out there on the market or trying to do a one of.

Rant over.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Tail tidy kit, IDS ECU, 44T sprocket and chain, and some stubbie exhaust tips on hand, just waiting on the bike now, the dealer seems to take days to accomplish what should be done in hours so I am still waiting for the pickup but it will happen.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Subarubrat View Post
    Tail tidy kit, IDS ECU, 44T sprocket and chain, and some stubbie exhaust tips on hand, just waiting on the bike now, the dealer seems to take days to accomplish what should be done in hours so I am still waiting for the pickup but it will happen.
    where in va are you?

EBRforum ProvNov
    Bealeton, about an hour west of DC.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Subarubrat View Post
    Bealeton, about an hour west of DC.
    cool! i am in Norfolk, there are at least two other EBR's in this area.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Despite being a bit of a cluster F and taking a month to get the bike on the truck delivery is scheduled for sometime in the next 3 days, finally. One thing that burned up a week or so was fussing about the dimensions of the box, which was how it was supposed to ship, then the shipper shows up and says "Yeah, we won't accept crated bikes." So they had to uncrate it and ship it, or reschedule for another shipper and fight this one for a refund etc. so I took the low hanging fruit and and said go ahead and unbox it. I am hoping those cool Buell straps make the trip.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4385.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	602.3 KB 
ID:	1420Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4388.JPG 
Views:	208 
Size:	574.4 KB 
ID:	1421Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4400.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	612.7 KB 
ID:	1422Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4412.JPG 
Views:	242 
Size:	772.5 KB 
ID:	1423

With that being said, I would guess you are dealing with haulbikes.com ? Been there done that!! They are Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.
    Last edited by EBRRider; 04-04-2017 at 04:43 PM.

EBRforum Junkie
    I would be calling ahead to ask whether the straps made it on the truck with the bike or whether the dealer will be sending them to you separately.

Don't forget the canyon dancers and crate cover as well. The crate cover makes for good garage art...and you paid for it. :)

EBRforum Junkie
    Your list of mods looks good. The only other thing I'd add to it would be taller smoked windscreen and mirrors. I hated the stock square mirrors on my RX. I swapped them out for the 1125R mirrors available from any HD dealership. Better look and integrated turn signals. The windscreen makes it much easier to get out of the wind at speed.

Before:

After: