Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I bought a new in box EBR 1190RX

EBRforum ProvNov

So I bought a new in box EBR 1190RX

It is a 2014 still in the shipping crate and while I am waiting on delivery I downloaded the user manual and have started looking at what I might want to do to the bike. A few questions have come to mind so I wanted to get the communities advice. I love my air cooled Buell but I wanted something with more performance and I can't imagine needing more than the 1190 offers.

1. The manual seems very specific about Amsoil, which of course is not easily found. Are owners using Amsoil and if so is there a good online source for a case?

2. When it arrives I need to send them the ECU and the display for a software update and to have them load the tune for the secondary muffler delete, does this tune work well with a cat delete? And, does anyone make a cat delete kit?

3. What sort of traction control setting is good for casual street use?

4. Are there any must do updates or tweaks? I ordered the tail tidy and will install that.

EBRforum Junkie
    Order oil direct from Amsoil? Seems pretty easy to me. Several guys I know are dealers, Ryan is one.

No, the update is not absolutely required for the dash. It will work fine as it sits.
    There isn't a tune for a "cat" delete per se, it would then become a full race exhaust and yes, a tune IS required.

Anything in the middle. If it's dry out and you're new to the bike, 7-13 works well.

It's your bike, do what you want to it. :)

EBRforum Expert
    Be sure and adjust the suspension by the owner's manual. EBR's, just like the Buells that came before them, are sensitive to suspension adjustment.

3+ years with same oil and coolant. I would change it right away.

You are confusing the secondary muffler with "cat". Yes you can get a secondary muffler delete.

I mostly do casual riding and used kept TC on 3. Most of the time it's only doing it's thing on deceleration. It stays off now.

If you want to make the bike really fun install a 44t sprocket and new chain.
    Last edited by TerryS1980; 03-03-2017 at 08:26 AM.

EBRforum Junkie
    IDS will not flash a race tune onto a stock ecm for $50. They _will_ sell you a race ecm programmed for whatever you like with an exchange of the core from yours though. I am currently not selling the tips kit, EBR has them available. http://www.erikbuellracing.net/store...-race-ecm.html

For $300 more they can get your setup. The ECM/Tip kit from EBR is way overpriced.

Better off buying ECM from IDS and getting tips from exhaust shop.

EBRforum Junkie
    As Dean said, I can get you amsoil at a deep discount, shoot me a PM

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryS1980 View Post
    3+ years with same oil and coolant. I would change it right away.

You are confusing the secondary muffler with "cat". Yes you can get a secondary muffler delete.

I mostly do casual riding and used kept TC on 3. Most of the time it's only doing it's thing on deceleration. It stays off now.

If you want to make the bike really fun install a 44t sprocket and new chain.
    Not confusing the two, I plan to do the secondary muffler delete, and am interested in removing the cats as well.

Now, you mention the 44t sprocket, even EBR brought this up when I called about the update, is this ratio change (if you don't care about a crazy top out) a must do config?

EBRforum Junkie
    You won't believe the difference the 44t will make. Much easier to ride in the city & you might even be able to get into 6th gear on the highway.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Great tip off on the IDS ECU programming; http://idspd.com/xcart/ebr-tm-1190rx...ete-short.html

A few questions on that and how it interacts with the display. If I send my display to EBR for update, and from the improvements listed it sounds like I would want to, will it work with the IDS ECU? Can EBR update the display without sending them my ECU, they seemed to suggest they were paired in some way. I just want to be sure if I order the IDS ECU and send my display to EBR for update that I will have a working setup.

This is THE kit for the 44T gearing correct? http://www.erikbuellracing.net/store...aring-kit.html