Thread: Nail in my tire already?

Nail in my tire already?

Yep, you read right, got a nail in my rear tire. 500 miles on the bike. I was in my garage and all the sudden I noticed the nail in my tire. So I got it taken care of and patched and that was an ordeal in itself. Anyway, finally picked it up from the shop and got it home to install it on the bike. All smooth sailing now right? Wrong, wrench slipped while I was putting the brake caliper back on and put a real nice scratch in the wheel. Real nice. I don't think it would bother me as much if it wasn't for that damn nail causing me all this trouble.
    Last edited by 1190SX; 02-28-2017 at 09:58 PM.

EBRforum Junkie
    As my mother used to tell me "You should stop riding in the gutter!" Sure mom thanks! LOL

I know I know, crazy, I've never even had a nail in a car tire.

EBRforum ProvNov
    so what's the next tire? :p

sorry to hear it, seriously... that sucks so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    Yep, you read right, got a nail in my rear tire. 500 miles on the bike. I was in my garage and all the sudden I noticed the nail in my tire. So I got it taken care of and patched and that was an ordeal in itself. Anyway, finally picked it up from the shop and got it home to install it on the bike. All smooth sailing now right? Wrong, wrench slipped while I was putting the brake caliper back on and put a real nice scratch in the wheel. Real nice. I don't think it would bother me as much if it wasn't for that damn nail causing me all this trouble.
    So now you have a scratch on the front fender and one on the rear wheel ? That SX is worthles at this point ! LOL, Do a few 3rd gear burnouts and get a new rubber.

I know WORTHLESS! I should just put a free sign on it. On my last bike I started with the same Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa tires. Ended up going to Dunlop Q3's, I don't track so I didn't notice a huge difference. Not sure what I'll be doing with this one.

EBRforum Junkie
    I caught 2x nails in my OEM pirelli. None so far on Q3s lol

That sucks , you gotta stay away from those constructions sites.