Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quickshifter

Quickshifter

Looks like they removed them from the EBR website. Anyone know of another source for a standard pattern quickshifter that will work on our bikes?

EBRforum Newb
    Call EBR dealers and ask them if they have one in stock, pretty sure at least one has a few in stock.

EBR quick shifter only does assisted upshifts FYI. If you find an aftermarket one that is plug and play that includes auto-blipping for assisted downshifts let me know. I have the EBR quickshifter.

Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    EBR quick shifter only does assisted upshifts FYI. If you find an aftermarket one that is plug and play that includes auto-blipping for assisted downshifts let me know. I have the EBR quickshifter.
    I didn't purchase one initially because of that. I'd read on here that EBR was working on an auto-blip as well, so I decided to forgo the QS till they had that sorted out. Once they stopped production, I should have ordered one right then.

EBRforum Junkie
    I may have picked up the last one when I was in East Troy picking up my SX.

From EBR "The quickshift kits are not listed on the store because they are currently out of stock. We are working to resolve supply issues, and it will likely be several weeks before they are available again. They will reappear on the store website when available."

EBRforum Junkie
    Will they be offering the down shift option?

Tested out the EBR quick shifter, sort of lol. I am still on break in so its not a thorough test of it as quick shifters generally don't perform well in the low RPMs. I am still using the clutch quite a bit for low rpm shifts because just like on the S1000 it hates low rpms. It tends to go between gears sometimes if you try to use it at low RPMs occasionally. When I have used it successfully I did like it though, not having the downshift feature isn't as distracting as I thought it would be. I would advise to hold off on this until you get the 620 miles on the bike and can give it some RPMs. Another reason to say to hell with the "break-in" procedure, written by lawyers in the legal department not by engineers.

EBRforum Junkie
    I probably ought to install mine soon, I've already blown past 9k rpm and only have 350 miles on mine so far. Yeah, that oval pipe does sound pretty good. :P