Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let the fun begin

EBRforum ProvNov

Lightbulb

I got an HMF mid section and adapted an Akra muffler from Ebay.

Have mapped ECU from Buell for an HMF exhaust.

EBRforum Junkie
    That looks like it's hanging awfully low. I'd try loosening the clamps and push the midpipe more to the center, maybe try rotating the assembly a little as well to tuck it up a little tighter. I like the Ohlins front, almost bought the EBR specific kit last week when I picked mine up, but couldn't justify spending almost as much on the suspension as what the bike cost me.

I would like to tuck it in much more and have the muffler sticking out right behind the rear set. Like the Akrapovic though. Maybe I'll try to make a Termigioni fit and put Ducati decals on the 1190. Mess with the Ducati fans lol.

Deans exhaust gets here tomorrow, it's been raining so I decided to take off the stock system and install the quick shifter as well.
    I am fighting hard to resist the temptation to fire it up right now, if the neighbors don't mind it now, they wont mind Deans system. Its like I am doing them a favor if anything
    Last edited by 1190SX; 02-16-2017 at 08:01 PM.

EBRforum Junkie
    Be sure to give us a full review of that quick shifter. I'm wondering how it works at varied rpm's and at redline going into 6th as well. I need to get one installed before long but don't know which type will suit me best
    Last edited by buell-fan; 02-16-2017 at 10:42 PM.

I am running the EBR quick shifter. I had high hopes they would update the software to accommodate auto blipping and assisted downshifts and even contacted EBR about it. They said it was in the works, but then they shut down again . Guess I am on my own if I want assisted down shifts. I'll be comparing it to the other quick shifter I am familiar with on the BMW S1000RR, so I wont hold back on my evaluation. The S1000 doesn't like it when you try to shift at low rpms <4k.
    Last edited by 1190SX; 02-16-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    Deans exhaust gets here tomorrow, it's been raining so I decided to take off the stock system and install the quick shifter as well.
    I am fighting hard to resist the temptation to fire it up right now, if the neighbors don't mind it now, they wont mind Deans system. Its like I am doing them a favor if anything
    Here you go ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmDL1ypBwXQ

Deans system has arrived!! IT is pouring rain this weekend so the best I will do is a start-up, but I can't wait!

I bet it looks sweet, do you have it on the bike ? or is that a dumb question.

Haven't opened the box yet!