Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let the fun begin

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    ... They definitely have some flat spots that need to be worked out if you keep it stock, I would be interested to see if they can be worked out and how much power gained on a stock set-up.
    Getting the fully programmable race ecm allows you to adjust the timing and fuel to vet out these "problem" areas of the stock system (that are there due to gubment requirements, etc.)

Well I guess if I decide to go that route in the future someone is going to get a deal on one of Deans systems and a matching ECM. I have bought 3 bikes in the last 8 months and am currently selling one, so buying and selling as your needs change is nothing new to me. Story of my life lol.

EBRforum Junkie
    For reference on how they look side by side. Tips kit, mine and hmf.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3sx bikes.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	251.0 KB 
ID:	1358

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    For reference on how they look side by side. Tips kit, mine and hmf.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3sx bikes.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	251.0 KB 
ID:	1358

Is it bad that I dislike the look of the HMF more than the stock system? I suppose they were limited by the stock mounting set-up, but I prefer the more low profile side exhaust of most newer sports bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    Getting the fully programmable race ecm allows you to adjust the timing and fuel to vet out these "problem" areas of the stock system (that are there due to gubment requirements, etc.)

Also, maybe I am the only one wondering this, but why is there not a race ECM offered to improve the fueling and timing of the stock system?

EBRforum Junkie
    Nobody ever did testing and tuning to get it done. Small company, limited resources, race efforts that were more oriented to the products they used, ie; old style Buell exhaust or the Arrow system used in WSBK.
    They could have designed it any way they chose to, hmf was the stock exhaust supplier and that's what they put out.
    I never tried it since all of my tuning efforts and $$ went into my system. Initial cost was considerably higher than anything I'd ever spent on a tune. Just the programmable ecm and widebands ran me right at $1300 alone and that was before doing any tuning at all.

I hear that, it is an expensive venture to get into. I was doing car tuning on GMs about 5 years ago and the hardware wasnt cheap. Not to mentioning purchasing licenses at $200 a pop.

Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    Is it bad that I dislike the look of the HMF more than the stock system? I suppose they were limited by the stock mounting set-up, but I prefer the more low profile side exhaust of most newer sports bikes.
    I must agree, it seems it should been tucked up closer to the bike, as dean explained they must have had been focused on race apps.
    Last edited by EBRRider; 02-15-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Just got home from the DMV all went well, My TX sx now its a Calif SX bike . and went for a 124 mile ride.

Attachment 1359
    Last edited by EBRRider; 02-15-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Awesome!