Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let the fun begin

Let the fun begin

Let the fun begin, I just got my new toy, delivered from Texas Dallasmoto , Great deal!!! #85

Attachment 1369

Thank you Oliver !
    Last edited by EBRRider; 02-17-2017 at 08:40 PM.

EBRforum Expert

Awesome! Just rode mine this morning and I am still loving it! Deans exhaust and ECM arrives this week, should make it even better!

I took the secondary muffler off just to listen not gunna work for me, I must get deans oval pipe in the next few months. Let me know how it sounds thx.

Yeah, seems like removing the secondary just allows you to run the race ECM and amplifys the sound it already makes(which is butchered by the primary/cat). Where as a proper system changes the tone and makes it sound completely different in a good way. The only way I would retain any of the factory exhaust is if I deleted the primary and made a proper merge pipe into the secondary, which is basically what the EBR race exhaust from HMF is. It is also significantly more than Deans and doesn't remove near the weight.

BTW-I ride in the central valley from time to time. Next time I bring my EBR over there you can hear it in person if you want.
    Last edited by 1190SX; 02-14-2017 at 04:02 PM.

EBRforum Junkie
    Dont discount the HMF exhaust too much. IDS has a pretty good tune for that exhaust. It is not as obnoxiously loud as the Dean Adams system if you want performance and can't be unruly all the time. You will never know extra 2.5 pounds of weight was there unless your a mid-level or above racer either.

Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    Yeah, seems like removing the secondary just allows you to run the race ECM and amplifys the sound it already makes(which is butchered by the primary/cat). Where as a proper system changes the tone and makes it sound completely different in a good way. The only way I would retain any of the factory exhaust is if I deleted the primary and made a proper merge pipe into the secondary, which is basically what the EBR race exhaust from HMF is. It is also significantly more than Deans and doesn't remove near the weight.

BTW-I ride in the central valley from time to time. Next time I bring my EBR over there you can hear it in person if you want.
    That would be great!!

Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    Dont discount the HMF exhaust too much. IDS has a pretty good tune for that exhaust. It is not as obnoxiously loud as the Dean Adams system if you want performance and can't be unruly all the time. You will never know extra 2.5 pounds of weight was there unless your a mid-level or above racer either.
    Oh yeah, no doubt it is a great product. If I was interested in that set-up I would probably just build my own merge and retain the stock secondary and tune it. Probably achieve results close to the HMF system for a couple hundred dollars + ECM. Or if I decide Deans is attracting too much attention, maybe I will buy the HMF, but no joke my other bike is so loud I don't even like it anymore and I haven't attracted any unwanted attention on it.. Good thing is you can almost always sell something if you decide its not for you. And to be honest, I don't mind a quiet bike, I would never change the exhaust on my BMW it is perfectly quiet. I just dislike the fact that they kill performance and fueling in the process. They definitely have some flat spots that need to be worked out if you keep it stock, I would be interested to see if they can be worked out and how much power gained on a stock set-up.
    Last edited by 1190SX; 02-14-2017 at 06:57 PM.

EBRforum Newb
    Congratulations on the bike!

They got the bike to you pretty quick too

Quote Originally Posted by bigdexxx View Post
    Congratulations on the bike!

They got the bike to you pretty quick too
    They picked it up Friday I am riding it today ! Thx again!!