Thread: First scratch on my new bike!

First scratch on my new bike!

Well it was inevitable, I was working on one of my other bikes and was walking by the SX when I dropped a bolt and it landed right on the front fender of the SX . Initially I was horrified seeing what looked like a huge chip! I then go to wipe the spot it hit and luckily it was just a bit of grease from the bolt. It did however leave a small ding in the fender, nothing crazy, but I was wondering if we know whether the EBR body work is polished plastic or is it painted and cleared? Would be nice to polish out any scratches.
    Last edited by 1190SX; 02-11-2017 at 11:21 PM.

The first scratch hurts the most, I have had good luck with Turtle wax premium polishing compound.

EBRforum Junkie
    I know how you feel. The day they took the 1190SX off the truck & I got the bike started I had to make a U turn to get into my driveway. So I put it into gear & let out the clutch & went to put my feet up on the pegs & they were higher up than I expect(I had raised the ones on my Tuono)& fell right there in front of my home & neighbors with my GF taking videos!! Scratched the mid fairing(Fan cover)black part. What a dope!

Polished plastic

Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    Well it was inevitable, I was working on one of my other bikes and was walking by the SX when I dropped a bolt and it landed right on the front fender of the SX . Initially I was horrified seeing what looked like a huge chip! I then go to wipe the spot it hit and luckily it was just a bit of grease from the bolt. It did however leave a small ding in the fender, nothing crazy, but I was wondering if we know whether the EBR body work is polished plastic or is it painted and cleared? Would be nice to polish out any scratches.
    Attachment 1353Be thankful its only a scratch.

EBRforum Junkie
    +1