Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Down on EBR

Well said, Scott. The funny thing is, I heard about the 1190 back when they were unveiled in 2013 and wanted to get one. Didn't really have a chance to get one back then, so I forgot about it and bought a couple other bikes. Then I started looking at getting a KTM RC8, a similar bike to the RX in many ways. I was actually in the process of getting an RC8 when the opportunity of the EBR came up and I jumped on it. Wouldn't you know it, the day my EBR arrives, they announce they are shutting down lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zviadi View Post
    The main advantage of this bike - good chassis and no stupid electronics, as ABS, TC, anti-wheelly etc. The brakes could be better... but nothing too critical.
    On this bike you should be able to ride - this I like about him most. I'm specifically seeking such bike with v-twin. I love v-twin only.

Two years ago, the famous russian professional racer on my stock EBR set unofficial lap record on MRW (Moscow Raceway). He is more than a one second time surpassed those pilots who involved in Russian Superbike champ on more powerful and full tuned S1000RR.
    So I do not understand why these bikes are considered a downgrade compared to japs, italians or BMW.

Photo with my bike:
    Attachment 1342

http://www.off-road-drive.ru/archive...o_naznacheniya

I would agree that these bikes are right there with the top brands, maybe not as a competitor for sales yet, but definitely could be given some time in the market with a viable business model. They do need some kinks worked out, the plastics on other brands are definitely a little more refined, IMO the foot controls need to be adjusted, they do have a bit of vibration/chattering under acceleration, but to be fair my BMW twin has some vibration as well(not the plastic chatter though). Yes, they have a few idiosyncrasies to work out, but these are all easy fixes. The framework is there, and it has amazing potential. Now, I don't know what the business model was from the start, so I wont say they did it wrong or what happened. I don't know, maybe it was just the market, maybe a poor plan. I do believe, however, EBR could be the American Ducati with a solid plan and backing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    I would agree that these bikes are right there with the top brands, maybe not as a competitor for sales yet, but definitely could be given some time in the market with a viable business model. They do need some kinks worked out, the plastics on other brands are definitely a little more refined, IMO the foot controls need to be adjusted, they do have a bit of vibration/chattering under acceleration, but to be fair my BMW twin has some vibration as well(not the plastic chatter though). Yes, they have a few idiosyncrasies to work out, but these are all easy fixes. The framework is there, and it has amazing potential. Now, I don't know what the business model was from the start, so I wont say they did it wrong or what happened. I don't know, maybe it was just the market, maybe a poor plan. I do believe, however, EBR could be the American Ducati with a solid plan and backing.
    Agree.
    The advantage of this bike is that it is simple. Yes, it is not very nice and not very neat - but he is honest. I love these bikes.
    Unfortunately, the global moto-manufacturers in the pursuit of profit do the same plastic-electronic rattles. Against this background, EBR stand out - this is also their advantage. They do not like it. Sometimes it's good to be original…
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Newb
    KISS-keep it simple stupid I work as a lighting technician/programmer, and that is still my philosophy. I've seen what happens when all the electronic tech starts to fail. You can be chasing gremlins for a time, especially if all the parts are from different manufacturers. I'm a new EBR owner, and appreciate the simplicity of my SX.

Quote Originally Posted by noone1569 View Post
    That's incredible zviadi
    I was a little misled - track record of serial bikes. Sorry))
    SBK bikes ride faster by local professional riders. It is an indisputable fact. They are faster than any serial motorcycle, not only EBR.

Here is local SBK-driver on S1000RR:

See on 0:55.
    This bike WSBK specification of about 200HP on the wheel. His lap-time similar to lap-time recorded by the russian SBK champion on my stock EBR.
    Lap-time is 1:44,5.
    As you can see, EBR - not a bad bike if riding good pilot)))
    Last edited by zviadi; 02-09-2017 at 04:17 PM.
    EBR 1190 RX

Quote Originally Posted by zviadi View Post
    Agree.
    The advantage of this bike is that it is simple. Yes, it is not very nice and not very neat - but he is honest. I love these bikes.
    Unfortunately, the global moto-manufacturers in the pursuit of profit do the same plastic-electronic rattles. Against this background, EBR stand out - this is also their advantage. They do not like it. Sometimes it's good to be original…
    It's ALWAYS good to be original, if it works. I think the saying goes: be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

But so ride the absolute record holder of MRW on the RSV4 WSBK:

This is Vladimir Leonov, former moto2, WSS and WSBK racer.
    Last edited by zviadi; 02-09-2017 at 04:17 PM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum ProvNov
    Going through the list there is nothing that mentions EBR, Erik, Buell or Erik Buell Racing. There are approx 3660 items in categories ranging from Harley, ATV, UTV, Quads, Sport Bikes, Metric, Apparel, tools, etc. Again, I don't see anything specifically related to EBR inventory.

EBRforum Junkie
    I thought I was doing something wrong! Nothing about EBR parts.

EBRforum Novice
    I think that email was for a different motorcycle company stuff. I tried searching for the EBR part numbers and nothing was listed.