Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Down on EBR

EBRforum Junkie
    It was roughly 1.6 million, they've more than made that back with sales of the existing stock. 3-400 bikes since March of 2016 have gone out from what I gathered. They only built about 100 in that time though. Figure it's ALL profit since the bikes were already mostly assembled, less what they paid the 10-12 people actually working there. 300 bikes at 8-10k each, that nets you no less than 2.4 million, possibly as much as 3 million or more. Assuming that's the case, they've essentially doubled their investment and now look to be getting out. Not much of a 5 year plan if you ask me, but whatever. I bought a 2016 SX anyway. My estimated numbers are purely conjecture though, not based on any facts.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicf16 View Post
    1190SX...now that would be entertaining
    Indeed, but honestly I think sometimes we have a better idea of what is marketable than the bean counters.

^agreed

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    I hear LAP acquired EBR for 1 mil back when they took control. What do you say? Start a go fund me page and maybe the fan boys like us can take over?
    $2.05M

http://m.carandbike.com/news/erik-bu...uction-1266235

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post

But surely we could get it for less now that they have shut down again, no? Worst case scenario we can each divvy up the remaining bikes amongst ourselves. Better get started on that gofundme

EBRforum Junkie
    Glad I posted this. That's the reason I didn't get rid of my Tuono. It is one of the last bikes that isn't full of crappy addons.
    The EBR is the LAST superbike that's going to be made I feel!

The main advantage of this bike - good chassis and no stupid electronics, as ABS, TC, anti-wheelly etc. The brakes could be better... but nothing too critical.
    On this bike you should be able to ride - this I like about him most. I'm specifically seeking such bike with v-twin. I love v-twin only.

Two years ago, the famous russian professional racer on my stock EBR set unofficial lap record on MRW (Moscow Raceway). He is more than a one second time surpassed those pilots who involved in Russian Superbike champ on more powerful and full tuned S1000RR.
    So I do not understand why these bikes are considered a downgrade compared to japs, italians or BMW.

Photo with my bike:
    Name:  (042-045)_BuellEBR1190RX_Page_4_Image_0006.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  51.9 KB

http://www.off-road-drive.ru/archive...o_naznacheniya
    Last edited by zviadi; 02-09-2017 at 06:48 AM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by zviadi View Post
    Two years ago, the famous russian professional racer on my stock EBR set unofficial lap record on MRW (Moscow Raceway). He is more than a one second time surpassed those pilots who involved in Russian Superbike champ on more powerful and full tuned S1000RR.

EBRforum Junkie
    That's incredible zviadi

EBR makes excellent, unique bikes, and I have no doubt they could be thriving right now if not for circumstances. If a different, better, smarter partner than Hero had invested in them a couple years ago, they could be thriving now.

If a better partner had the money, time and confidence to let them grow slowly into profitability (rather than pushing to get more bikes out quicker than the market was asking for them), they could be solid and stable and steadily growing right now.

They didn't need to compete directly with BMW, Yamaha etc. They had bikes that were completely unique and they only needed a tiny, tiny fraction of the total market share to get their feet under them.

Sales weren't below expectations because the bikes were 'bad'. People were reluctant to buy because they were a brand new company (leading to questions regarding their longevity) and as a brand new company they were unknown and had a limited dealer network. But they produced bikes as if they were an established brand and supply got ahead of demand. Then once Hero pulled out (or whatever actaully happened there), they never had a realistic opportunity to recover under LAP. Sales didn't meet expectations because expectations weren't realistic.

I can imagine a scenario with the right partner in which they could have made and sold 100 bikes in 2014, 200 bikes in 2015, 300 bikes in 2016, and then this year they could be selling 400 bikes with dealers all over the world and they would be a viable company with new models ready to be unveiled.

But things obviously didn't work out that way and I think that has everything to do with the specific investor and market strategy (and lack of patience necessary to let things build naturally) and very little to do with the actual bikes.
    Last edited by Scott; 02-09-2017 at 10:27 AM.