Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Down on EBR

EBRforum Junkie

Down on EBR

I've been reading comments from people(Not on this forum)on the web talking EBR bikes down as being behind the times & not enough wiz bang stuff! Some of us just want an analog bike instead of a full digital, everything in the world, on it.
    I have an 03 Tuono & this(EBR)is the bike I figured they would build instead of just the RSV4. Don't get me wrong the RSV4 is bad -ss but this should have been the bike(EBR)they made instead of the 1200 twin Shiver that was a flop I think. Just my thoughts.

EBRforum Expert
    If EBR had had any budget for marketing in the last year, I think that would have been a good thing to emphasize- their lack of electronics. IIRC, Honda had a prototype robot riding a motorcycle, and Yamaha had a "self-riding" motorcycle. EBR could have played that up and contrasted their motorcycles.

That's all the time. Most people are just ignorant to EBR.

I always say it's easy for people to insult things they don't understand.

EBRforum Junkie
    That's one of the reasons I bought my RX..!

It was between the latest version of the Yamaha R1, and the RX a coupla years ago.
    After seeing the R1 in the magazines, it seemed pretty interesting. Then after seeing one in person, I was put off by all of the digital, hoses, electrical harnesses, hanging everywhere, the huge control boxes on the bars.
    The second reason is the seating. Too long a stretch to the bars, and I'm 6'. I took a look at the RX on the way home from the drag races and left without asking any questions. Saw the R1 noted above, went back to the EBR dealer and sat on the RX.
    Then and there I swapped my BMW S1000RR for the RX.

Is it the greatest thing since sliced bread like some like to say...no, it's not. Does it serve it's purpose, even with a coupla expensive (warranty items !) things that have cropped up, yes it does. At 66 yr's old, I can sit in the saddle for an hour in morning traffic (daily driver), and an hour splitting lanes in the afternoon without problem. Not so sure it woulda been so easy with the R1.
    Hopefully I can log another 12 or 15 thousand miles (25,000+ on it now) on it, and into retirement. If the RX gives me problems, I still have my old XB12s that runs well.

Most EBR comments I get is a blank stare. Like most people I see don't know enough about them to comment one way or the other.

Mike

Don't worry, the Gixxer is still the most hated sports bike. LOL. I basically feel this way about it: Is the EBR perfect? No. Are there other bikes that are more 'refined'? Absolutely. To me, it is a huge leap from Buell in the right direction, and I can only imagine where it could go from here. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge the amazing advancements in design and performance is uninformed. And honestly IMO, these are genuinely good looking bikes, sure you could pick the Buell apart for styling, but EBR did something right in the design department
    Last edited by 1190SX; 02-08-2017 at 01:43 PM.

EBRforum Junkie
    Since this site won't let me add a P.s. -

I thought I'd add, that for the design of the RX, the engineers/designers got it pretty much correct.
    Seating - "MUCH" improved over the XB'x and the 1125 series seats. The reach from the seat to the bars is also nice. I altered both my XB and CR seat to keep from squeezing the nuts..!
    Foot pegs - no need for "dropped" slid, moved pegs...nice as designed.
    Bars - See above, location height, width, and reach...all nice.
    The windscreen - That could use some better positioning...without have to spend money on another one. Can't even see the dash without looking "thru" the windscreen..!

I've found no need to make the RX into an SX (cruiser) with a full body..!

Stay alive Erik...keep us American Sport Bike drivers going...

Mike

EBRforum Newb
    If ebr or whomever would extend a warranty to the early buyers I would give a s@$% . But since they don't .... f 'em.

I have heard what you said a lot from people who have ridden other super bikes than gotten on the RX, Mike. I personally didn't go with an RX because I already have a superbike, and the fact the the SX wasn't de-tuned like many street fighters attracted me. Also I don't do much track riding at this time, but I once in a while I admit the RX looks maybe a little bit cooler than the SX.

Quote Originally Posted by LineArrayNut View Post
    If ebr or whomever would extend a warranty to the early buyers I would give a s@$% . But since they don't .... f 'em.
    I hear LAP acquired EBR for 1 mil back when they took control. What do you say? Start a go fund me page and maybe the fan boys like us can take over?

1190SX...now that would be entertaining