Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All EBR's CA compliant?

All EBR's CA compliant?

Since I don't have my EBR yet and will have to register it in the lovely state if CA, I was wondering if they are all CA emissions compliant? Would hate to find out I don't have a CA emissions label when I go to the DMV. Anyone else had to deal with CA when registering their EBR?

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    Since I don't have my EBR yet and will have to register it in the lovely state if CA, I was wondering if they are all CA emissions compliant? Would hate to find out I don't have a CA emissions label when I go to the DMV. Anyone else had to deal with CA when registering their EBR?
    I got 3 of the bankruptcy bikes and was told they were 50 state bikes, but found no label to indicate that.

Was told it would be under the seat.

No charcoal cannisters , either.

May end up registering in Oregon.

Outstanding...lol. Fingers crossed. You havent been able to register any of them? You would think I would have looked into this before buying.

EBRforum Junkie
    The charcoal canister is built into the airbox, it's the sealed off section on the top right inside it.

I emailed about them being CA compliant, just waiting for a response. I'll post it here later when it comes in.

EBRforum Junkie
    Direct from EBR.

"All SX’s are 50 state compliant. Any RX 2015 or newer is 50 state compliant, and most of the 2014s.

When we launched the RX in 2014 the CARB cert was lagging behind EPA (it always does). So, the initial RX’s were 49 state certified.

The funny thing is all anyone needed to do to find the answer is read the owner’s manual.

The info is in the VIN. The 12th character (which is referred to as the 10th position in the owner’s manual) is a 0 for 50 state and a 3 for 49 state)"

EBRforum Junkie
    That said, I have vin # 110 and 280, both of them are only 49 state compliant.

As always, thanks for the lesson Dean. Seems like there is a bit of a grey area. Hopefully since I am getting an Sx I will be good to go. Did I mention how great CA is?
    Last edited by 1190SX; 01-24-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 8.38.52 AM.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	1321
    Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    That said, I have vin # 110 and 280, both of them are only 49 state compliant.
    So my 10th digit is a 0, that should make it CA compliant. Were any of your Vins 0 and still not compliant or were they all 3?
    Last edited by 1190SX; 01-24-2017 at 11:41 AM.

EBRforum Junkie
    Mine are both 3's. All 3 RX's that I've owned were low production number machines, the earliest one was #49.

Also in Calif

Quote Originally Posted by C. Dolan View Post
    I got 3 of the bankruptcy bikes and was told they were 50 state bikes, but found no label to indicate that.

Was told it would be under the seat.

No charcoal cannisters , either.

May end up registering in Oregon.

Any update on being able to Regist your bikes in CAL ? I am in the market for a SX ,I live in CALIF , based on the info Dean shared it should be ok , But have you been to DMV yet ?