Thread: Corbin Seat

EBRforum Junkie

Corbin Seat

I noticed that EBR has pulled the Corbin seat from their parts section of their site. I'm sending my seat to Sargent this week. Have had great luck with my Sargent seat on my 03 Tuono. Love it, I can ride for miles & not notice the seat.
    Last edited by Kid Thunder; 02-04-2017 at 12:27 AM.

I was interested in the Corbin for the 1190, but looks like I will have to look elsewhere. I've used these guys on my BMW http://day-long.com, but that is a touring bike so I don't mind the look. I'd like to retain a low profile look on the 1190. How did the Tuono seat turn out? Did it stand out much more than the stock seat?

EBRforum Expert
    I've had a couple of seats reworked by Sargent; one on a Honda VT500FT Ascot and the other on a Buell S3. They do very good work.

They have a long long list of options including different cover materials, shape modifications, and foam upgrades with prices on their website. The trick is figuring out exactly what you want done. They supposedly can advise you if you call them.

http://www.sargentcycle.com/

Be aware this is their busiest time of year as people are getting their seats redone while they can't ride.

EBRforum Junkie
    The seat on my Tuono was purchased when I bought the bike in 2003! Still looks new & there was no break in time. The seat base cracked 2 years ago. I call them to see what I could do. They said to mail it back & they would look at it. A couple of weeks later I got a brand new seat with a different style seat pan! Now that's backing up their product. A 13+ year old seat & I got a new one! I also had the seat on my Guzzi Griso redone & was very happy with that too. Great company. I can wait now because I live in New England & the weather won't be good for at least another 6-8 weeks. And I can always ride the Tuono till the seat comes back.
    Last edited by Kid Thunder; 02-04-2017 at 05:26 PM.

EBRforum Junkie
    The Sargent seat looks like it should come with the bike.

I called Corbin seats the other day, and keeping with their great customer service skills (sarcasim) they informed me that they will not be manufacturing the seat for the 1190 bikes. Now I have no idea if that is acurate information because I do not have a lot of confidence in what they tell me based upon previous inquires I have had with them in the past. Sargent on the other hand has been good to talk with and said they could make improvemetns on the seat, just realize the seat height will change. So I am going to send in my seat with some photos of the seat on the Black Lightning and see what they come up with.