Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Apparently VERY Bad News for EBR

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    Well, per the Badweatherbikers forum, EBR has CEASED PRODUCTION. Not sure if that means everything has stopped or they are fulfilling the remaining orders.
    The press release says "EBR Motorcycles ... will begin a wind down of production operations commencing next week." So it sounds like they will continue building motorcycles, at least for a few more days.

Yeah, based on everything I'm reading, it seems clear they will continue to exist and will likely keep a small staff to supply parts, do design work etc. They're in an interesting situation now. After Harley shut them down, they had nothing and had to start from scratch. When they filed chapter whatever, they went in to receivership and had to lock the doors until that was sorted out.

Now, as long as LAP is willing to pay a small amount to keep some things happening (which presumably they would do with the hope of something happening to justify their investment), they can basically 'idle' as they investigate options while the company stands ready to continue making motorcycles at a moment's notice.

Now, as long as LAP is willing to pay a small amount to keep some things happening (which presumably they would do with the hope of something happening to justify their investment), they can basically 'idle' as they investigate options while the company stands ready to continue making motorcycles at a moment's notice.
    Sure about that?

A sale of production equipment and excess parts will start in March.
    -AIMAG

Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    Sure about that?

They'll still have all the designs, computer files, supplier phone numbers, one-off tooling etc. Maybe 'moment's notice' is an exaggeration, but I'm nearly certain they'll be able to start making bikes 'quickly' if anybody wants them to make bikes.

Will anybody want them to make bikes in the near future? Probably not.

Well I'm going to open my big mouth on this. Get rid of that ****ing single rotor design on the front and EBR may start appealing to a broader range of customers. The bikes chassis and weight alone could sell those bikes but that front end is **** and most of you would agree but look past it.

The 1190rx handles like a dream but those brakes are awful out of the box.

the front end set up was why I never considered owning a EBR/Buell until I realized I could swap the entire thing for an RSV4 with little modification.

The engine, chassis and flickability are grin inducing. The brakes = ****
    Last edited by ryandcramer; 01-28-2017 at 09:16 AM.

EBRforum Novice
    I love the front brake. It works great.

EBRforum Junkie
    I'm new to EBR but except for racing I think work great. Same feel to me.

EBRforum Junkie
    You want "flick-ability", put the 1190 engine in an XB chassis. THAT bike turns on a proverbial dime. Though I miss the 1190's power, my XB12s is much easier to split lanes on.
    And yea, despite Mr Buell's design team, the front brake is WELL behind normal modern Sport Bike brakes, even on the street.

Geeze this stinks, here we go again.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ryandcramer View Post
    Well I'm going to open my big mouth on this. Get rid of that ****ing single rotor design on the front and EBR may start appealing to a broader range of customers. The bikes chassis and weight alone could sell those bikes but that front end is **** and most of you would agree but look past it.

The 1190rx handles like a dream but those brakes are awful out of the box.

the front end set up was why I never considered owning a EBR/Buell until I realized I could swap the entire thing for an RSV4 with little modification.

The engine, chassis and flickability are grin inducing. The brakes = ****

ryandcramer, where abouts are you at? I'm just south of you in Toledo.

Excessive flickability for sportbikes is not good. At high speed it will prowl of front wheel. Sportbikes designer are always seek compromise between flickability and stability. What should be the city bike, which travels in a traffic, do not need a racing machine.
    About front brake - I'm not very happy with his work. The main problem - the lack of a coherent feedback, compared with Brembo. The strength of the deceleration is large, but it is difficult to dose. And brake pads milleage is little. For intensive deceleration I have to use rear brake always.
    Anyway, I love this bike. I know how to ride fast. It is simple and intuitive to riding. There are no electronics - this is important for me. I am specifically looking bike without TC, ABS, anti-willy and stuff. I love take over control my bikes, electronics prevents me and I shut down it.
    Last edited by zviadi; 01-28-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    EBR 1190 RX