Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Apparently VERY Bad News for EBR

Well, per the Badweatherbikers forum, EBR has CEASED PRODUCTION. Not sure if that means everything has stopped or they are fulfilling the remaining orders. President Trump Make America's Motorcycle's Great Again!

just read that too...guess I'll take my down payment refund (maybe) and start looking again.

If you still want the bike, maybe wait a little while and let it play out. They are saying they will honor the warranties of the new bikes and continue to supply parts. I for one wasn't even looking and had just bought a different bike when the opportunity to get an EBR came up. I am excited for its arrival nonetheless. Still a lot of other good bikes out there, but the idea of the EBR sold me. The American Superbike.

Guess we'll see. I'm awaiting a reply to see what my order status is now.

EBRforum Novice
    Unbelievable.

Very bad news. I was hoping for evolution of EBR...
    I loved this bike... Last true motorcycle.
    Last edited by zviadi; 01-27-2017 at 02:36 AM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBR Motorcycles is closing its doors…again. Yes, you heard that right. America’s superbike brand will be winding down its production operations, starting next week, and is looking for a strategic investor to takeover the brand.
    Liquid Asset Partners (LAP) attributes its decision to shutdown EBR Motorcycles to the company’s difficulty to secure new dealerships, and thus increase sales. As a result, LAP says that its production volume for 2016 and 2017 was below expectations.
    The company then finishes its explanation for closing EBR Motorcycles with the following line: “the combination of slow sales and industry announcements of other major OEM brands closing or cutting production only magnified the challenges faced by EBR.”
    Whether you believe that line of reasoning or not, the result is the same, Erik Buell’s motorcycle brand once again has a dim future.
    Of course, this news is not surprising to anyone who has been watching EBR Motorcycles with clear eyes.
    There has always been the expectation in the industry that Liquid Asset Partners would unload and/or closedown EBR once it had assembled and cleared out the company’s remaining unsold units. Today seemingly being that point in time.
    To its credit, EBR Motorcycles says that it will honor its warranties, while also providing technical and parts support to dealers and riders who bought bikes from the company.
    That statement is an interesting one though, as it is unlikely to apply to very many machines that bear the EBR logo. Similarly, if LAP shuts down EBR Motorcycles completely, its liabilities to dealers and customers would be moot.
    The question now of course is whether this is the final chapter of the Erik Buell story, or if there will be another company taking up the quill and writing new chapters. Time will tell.
    Source: EBR Motorcycles
    They make it sound like the whole deal about LAP wanting to make EBR work was a marketing ploy just to instill a false sense of confidence in consumers and sell remaining inventory. If thats the case, and they have accomplished that, I doubt they will fulfill remaining orders. Time will tell.
    Last edited by 1190SX; 01-27-2017 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Fixed

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    Well mine is supposed to be here this weekend, so I am committed lol. You never know what could happen. They may be bought out by another company, they did say they are still looking into other possibilities. Worst case scenario I will put Ducati decals on my bike and sell it as a Ducati.

Wonder what effect this will have on value? This should be an indicator.
    https://www.mecum.com/lots/LV0117-26...14-ebr-1190rx/
    A few months ago, I bought a # 002 SX demo bike for $ 7000 on Ebay.

EBRforum Expert
    Motorcycle.com has a couple of interesting comments on the press release:

http://www.motorcycle.com/features/c...ure-again.html

This is beyond depressing.

I was concerned that their dealer list didn't seem to be growing, but I kept hoping that they had 10 - 20 dealers they were working with who just hadn't become official yet.

I guess it's too late now, but I would have taken a page from the dot com start-ups and offered the first 100 dealers an ownership stake. Give them something like 0.1% - 0.2% of the company for signing on (and meeting certain requirements such as selling a minimum of 10 bikes per year for 5 years), and if they do their job and move bikes, within a few years, they could have a stake in a $100 million dollar and growing company.