Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Apparently VERY Bad News for EBR

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    Action Powersports just posted fire sale prices on remaining 2016 models: $9999 for RX, $8999 for SX, and they do have a warranty.

Sadly,with how badly so many dealers have gotten screwed over the past few years, it may be simply impossible for EBR (in anything close to its current form) to find anyone willing to try to sell them.

They'll probably have to come back as something completely different (and/or as part of another manufacturer who already has an established dealer network) if we're ever going to see them again.

EBRforum Expert
    Hopefully the dealers haven't gotten screwed over (or at least not nearly as badly) as last time. With the factory providing warranties, that's a big selling point for the remaining 2016 (and 2017?) bikes.

The $40 question will be availability of parts in the future. The ECM manufacturer posted on FB that they will continue to support EBR and Buell, so that's good. I'd think most of the other frame and suspension components are off-the-shelf items. The EBR-specific things are worrisome long-term are things like the front sprocket/cush drive and the internal engine parts.

From a high up source at EBR - "We will have parts support. There are enough parts at the factory to support 100 years of EBR's on the road." Hopefully he's not just saying what needs to be said to sell the remaining stock.

EBRforum Expert
    If true, that's great news.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicf16 View Post
    From a high up source at EBR - "We will have parts support. There are enough parts at the factory to support 100 years of EBR's on the road." Hopefully he's not just saying what needs to be said to sell the remaining stock.
    If there's only 10 of them on the road, sure, I could see that statement as true. Realistically, unless they start ordering larger quantities of materials, I don't see even a 5 year span of support.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Regarding parts support, don't they have to follow the same federal 10 year law as Polaris with Victory?

Edit to add: Speaking of Action Powersports, this year has been a major kick in the giblets for those folks. Within a few weeks they lost two of the lines they sell.
    Last edited by Led Boots; 01-31-2017 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Led Boots View Post
    Regarding parts support, don't they have to follow the same federal 10 year law as Polaris with Victory?

Edit to add: Speaking of Action Powersports, this year has been a major kick in the giblets for those folks. Within a few weeks they lost two of the lines they sell.
    The thing with Polaris/Victory and Harley/Buell is that Polaris and Harley are still around. I would assume that while LAP may have owned EBR, considering the circumstanes, they probably incorporated them as a stand-alone company so that they wouldn't be liable in the event of a likely shut-down. If EBR is a stand-alone LLC and they cease to exist, there won't be any entity left to be responsible.

But the release did at least claim they would be around to support owners, but the future plans seem very unclear.

If I were a potential buyer, I would want the relatively small liability of warranty ownership for the more substantial advantage of existing ownership base and sense of continuity. So they may be trying to hold things together to maintain the value for a potential buyer.

EBRforum Expert
    When Buell was shut down, that "mandatory 10 year parts support" requirement was often talked about, but I have never seen any documentation that it exists. Apparently there is a requirement along these lines that applies to cars. Some claim it doesn't apply to motorcycles.

I think parts support is the biggest concern for owners and potential buyers. We saw a little of that during the receivership when some bikes had to be parked due to worn out swing arm chain sliders or front sprockets. A warranty isn't much use to me since the closest dealer is ~500 miles away. Lack of parts would be a big concern.

EBRforum Expert
    This was posted to the EBR 1190 Owner's Group a few minutes ago by EBR engineer Dan Hurda:

I just want to clarify for people exactly what the press release concerning EBR said.

EBR Motorcycles is ceasing manufacturing operations and winding down that part of the business. The company is NOT closing.
    Warranty and service parts will continue to be available for the foreseeable future.

The volume of orders and phone calls has increased dramatically since the press release, so if you aren't getting immediate responses to your questions it is not because we stopped shipping parts or answering email, it is simply that just like before the press release there is a very small staff at EBR but now there is 4 or 5 times the work. Be patient we will answer your questions, we will ship your orders.

If you do have parts of technical questions as always email them to parts@ebr.com or tech@ebr.com do not ask them via Facebook.