Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IMS Cleveland

EBRforum ProvNov

IMS Cleveland

Does anybody know if EBR will be at the IMS show this weekend in Cleveland?

EBRforum Junkie
    No. Next show they'll be at is Chicago. That's also the last one they have scheduled.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    No. Next show they'll be at is Chicago. That's also the last one they have scheduled.
    Oh, okay. Thanks Dean

I really wish they would've committed to more shows. The Cleveland show was my best chance to see the new bike. I know everybody wants a dealership nearby, but I really hope they look into expanding in the Cleveland/Pittsburgh area. I feel like I live in some sort of forbidden zone or something

EBRforum Expert
    Hopefully they have something big to reveal at the Chicago show. They posted this at erikbuellracing.com last year:

EBR plans to attend the International Motorcycle Shows in Long Beach, California; New York, New York; Dallas, Texas; and Chicago, Illinois. Show visitors will get to see and learn more about the 2017 models. EBR also will show off selected upcoming 2017 ½ & 2018 model prototypes at different shows.
    It seems certain that the Black Lightning was the 2017-1/2 model, which means they still have a 2018 model prototype to reveal.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    Hopefully they have something big to reveal at the Chicago show. They posted this at erikbuellracing.com last year:

It seems certain that the Black Lightning was the 2017-1/2 model, which means they still have a 2018 model prototype to reveal.
    Yeah, that's a good point. They haven't revealed or mentioned anything new since the BL...and you would think the Chicago show would be like home field for them. Would be a good opportunity to showcase the new goods.

Last time I contacted EBR they made it clear they were really focusing on developing a new model. Interested to see what they come up with. I would hold off on the AX idea for a little while if it was my decision.

EBRforum Expert
    This was stated in the same EBR press-release that promised 2017-1/2 and 2018 prototype reveals at the IMS's this year:

There is a bright future for EBR, and as part of that work is proceeding on a sub-$10k platform for 2018.
    I'm betting that's the next new bike we'll see out of EBR, since it would put their bikes in the price range of a huge amount of additional riders. Erik has also said they are working on more variations on the 1190 platform.

EBRforum Junkie
    One of which is a turbo. 220+ hp, mild boost. Mmmmhmm, yep. Kinda scary to think about.

EBRforum Expert
    I notice they've taken down the "future models" page at erikbuellracing.com too. The "button" for the page is still there on the "models" page, but it's dead. Maybe they're getting ready for an update?

I suspect they will not be attending IMS Chicago. Still interested to see the new models.