Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adjustable footpegs

EBRforum Junkie
    I notice that the stock foot peg folder makes you have to shift(To a lesser extant, brake)"pigeon toed". It seems that the setup was designed to be used with the straight mount pegs like a race bike.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Thunder View Post
    Great pictures but I still don't understand how the stock footpegs can be lowered. There are no threads in the bracket on those 5 holes. Do I use a nut & bolt?
    The stock footpeg mounting bracket, spring and peg assembly can not be moved as a unit. The assembly can be removed as a whole, and then the exposed holes can have a solid footpeg mounted through them. The Knight Designs footpegs have a built-in drop of either 1" or 2" depending on which set of pegs you buy, and they replace the hinged portion of the assembly along with the peg.
    Last edited by buell-fan; 01-25-2017 at 04:24 PM.

EBRforum Newb

KD 2" drop pegs

Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    The stock footpeg mounting bracket, spring and peg assembly can not be moved as a unit. The assembly can be removed as a whole, and then the exposed holes can have a solid footpeg mounted through them. The Knight Designs footpegs have a built-in drop of either 1" or 2" depending on which set of pegs you buy, and they replace the hinged portion of the assembly along with the peg.
    I bought the 2" drop from KD that were designed for the 1125R because I didn't see one for the 1190SX. Ended up having to cut then file maybe 1/4" off of the "stop" part where it swivels down on the pivot pin and rests/is supported by the peg mount. Is much more comfortable riding around town now. Hope to take some road trips with it this summer. The ride from Denver to Taos, NM is always a good weekend! Then the SW Buell rally in Ouray, CO.