Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Polaris to shut down Victory

EBRforum Junkie
    One of the chief electric motorcycle techs for Brammo then Victory stated that the electric driveline will live on via Indian.

Good news to me since I just got a sweet deal on an Empulse TT

Quote Originally Posted by Led Boots View Post
    Somebody on the Vic owners site mentioned today that Indian is supposed to be revealing a new model on 2/25. Not sure where they got that info, though.

Edit to add: It looks like there's an announcement of sorts on the Indian Motorcycles home page. Says to visit your local dealer on 2/25/17 to "see the newest addition to our family"
    I'm finding myself intrigued by the idea of a production version of their flat-tracker. And while I liked (but didn't love) the XR1200, I think this could be much better. The XR1200 'looked' like a flat-tracker, but in reality it was a re-styled Sportster. If Indian uses the 750 cc engine and keeps it light and makes a bike that's more than just a styling excercise, thtat could be really fun and bring joy to a post-EBR world. And maybe more important than anything, it would show that Indian isn't just another cruiser brand.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Not holding my breath on them stepping out of the Cruiser domain. Just found this info on an Indian owner's forum. Looks like they recently registered the following new names with CARB: Chieftain Elite, Chieftain Limited, Roadmaster Classic

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad...811_0d8_hn.pdf
    Last edited by Led Boots; 02-10-2017 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Forgot the link :)