Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Difference in blue colors

EBRforum Novice

Difference in blue colors

I notice that the OEM parts list the blue as Infineon Blue. Anyone know the difference between that blue and the Laguna Blue. I want to replace my Red with Blue, but now I see they have 2 different blues listed. Laguna Blue is available for the airbox and tail section while Infineon Blue is listed for the left and right from fairing.

Thank for any input.

EBRforum Junkie
    Buddy, keep me in mind if you do. That is a great blue & I'm not a blue guy! I saw a blue one with the the flags colors just on the fan boxes. Nice understated. Not to much red/white/blue. He's somewhere on this forum. Take a look.

EBRforum Junkie
    Where did you see that Infineon Blue listed? I just downloaded the parts list from the EBR web site, and went through all the accessories, and did not see it listed. You may have found a new body work color for the upcoming year.

EBRforum Novice
    The link for the OEM parts list on the EBR website

http://www.erikbuellracing.net/wp-co...8_Dec_2016.pdf

M0621.1B9YED Front Fairing, Right, Infineon Blue - $176.62
    M0622.1B9YED Front Fairing, Left, Infineon Blue - $172.62
    Last edited by SX_Bueller; 01-08-2017 at 08:04 PM.

EBRforum Junkie
    Just looked at the parts price list you attached. It is definitely listed as a different color of blue & yellow (infineon yellow pearl sounds interesting), with the additional white too. I wonder if they are getting away from color molded body work and going with all painted pieces now.

If you decide to part out the blue plastics I'd be interested in the tail section!

Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    Just looked at the parts price list you attached. It is definitely listed as a different color of blue & yellow (infineon yellow pearl sounds interesting), with the additional white too. I wonder if they are getting away from color molded body work and going with all painted pieces now.

I suspect this is the case, I used to work with a company that utilized polymers of different colors and they would have to make the parts in batches for each color. When it came time to change to the next color it was virtually impossible to ensure you removed all traces of the media from the last batch run through the equipment, therefore it was virtually impossible to have consistency of color batch to batch. There were always slight variations, sometimes not so slight when compared to earlier runs. Making one color instead, say white, would simplify the manufacturing process allowing the manufacture to simply paint whatever color was desired. Also allowing for much easier variation in colors if desired.
    Last edited by 1190SX; 01-08-2017 at 09:52 PM.

EBRforum Junkie
    I don't know. They list the galactic black as midnite black! Maybe they are just changing the names if the air box cover/tail is called Laguna blue.
    Second thought, did you notice the date? Dec 8, 2016! That sound like a 2017 color. Or maybe we are over thinking this thing.
    Last edited by Kid Thunder; 01-09-2017 at 12:29 AM.

EBRforum Junkie
    Galactic and Midnight are different blacks. Mine is galactic, has a trace of brown. The midnight is normal black

EBRforum Junkie
    What is the midnite black for? The Black Lightening?