Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Windscreen/Windshield

EBRforum Newb
    Everything is readily available for replacement parts, and is installed without any modifications to the bike. It is somewhat adjustable.

I tried to design it tall enough to function good, but short enough to still look cool. My opinion was the visor / windscreen options for the SX were very limited at best, so something had to be done!

I am 6'2, and it does a pretty good job.. I don't have any helmet buffer, and there is really hardly any wind I would say from the air box to the bottom of my neck. It could be raised some, but cosmetically I don't like the look. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    Yeah, I have found on my touring bikes you either need a tall windscreen because the upright rider position or minimal to no windscreen. If you get a bad height you get even more noise from wind buffeting your helmet, if you go too low you receive minimal wind relief because you can't comfortably tuck. The huge windscreens offer enough coverage for the upright position while directing wind above your helmet and not into it - They also look horrible on street fighters, but fit great on my BMW.

You might be right when you say this hight windscreen could just rattle our noodles worse. That is probably why EBR didn't make that one windscreen we all see on the sx on the trailer, it just buffers the noggin.

I just want a windscreen on for long rides, and this one doesn't look like one of Ridley Scott's creations.. This could be the one

EBRforum Newb
    I posted one for sale in the classifieds !