Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EBR on Drivetribe

EBRforum ProvNov
    I don't have any personal experience with EBRs (yet) but your mileage seems awfully low to me. Don't they have 4.5 gallon tanks? 100-110 miles equates to 22-24mpg. If you're only going 100-110 miles between fill-ups, the low fuel light must come on VERY early...either that or the exhaust/ecm upgrade has a much larger impact on fuel economy than you expect.

EBRforum Junkie
    Depends on how hard you twist on the throttle really. Obviously, I'm not very easy on it. Low fuel light comes on at 3.3 gallons used I think. I assume it will go 125+ miles per tank, never tried it to find out though. Don't feel like balling up my fuel pump by running it dry.

EBRforum Junkie
    Also, that 45-50 mpg brochure quote, that's only possibly if you observe posted speed limits and pussyfoot around the throttle.

EBRforum Novice
    When I ride, I fly.

Now join the tribe!

I have enough fuel to 70-75 miles to the flashing light))) Don't keep below 7000 rpm.
    And oil consumption also have a big enough...

Dean - what about the noise of mufflers (dB)?
    Last edited by zviadi; 12-03-2016 at 12:12 AM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Junkie
    Loud. 98+ at idle, 110+ at 5k rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    Loud. 98+ at idle, 110+ at 5k rpm.
    I will have an interesting weekend next week at Jenning GP, they have a noise limit of 104db, I may be parked for the weekend will see what happens!

EBRforum Junkie
    Those numbers were from the ASB shootout in 2010 for the RT-3. This one is very similar and sounds almost identical to me.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Depends on how hard you twist on the throttle really. Obviously, I'm not very easy on it. Low fuel light comes on at 3.3 gallons used I think. I assume it will go 125+ miles per tank, never tried it to find out though. Don't feel like balling up my fuel pump by running it dry.
    Also, that 45-50 mpg brochure quote, that's only possibly if you observe posted speed limits and pussyfoot around the throttle.
    Ah, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Porcaro View Post
    When I ride, I fly.

Now join the tribe!
    Not an owner yet :) but I will if I become one

EBRforum Novice
    366 views and one new member... This is for the brand, not me! Most users are overseas where you know these bikes are more appreciated. Just think what a simple "pretty neat" repost from Hammond or May or anyone somewhat popular could lead to! Frankly EBR is not doing a good marketing job and it's not just a cost issue. If you're on facebook it takes less than a minute to sign up. Even if you don't own one and just like them, join! It's up to us!

Please and thank you!