Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EBR on Drivetribe

EBRforum Novice

EBR on Drivetribe

I started an EBR tribe on Drivetribe and it needs at least ten members to go pubic. Nine more to go! Please join to help spread the word!

https://www.drivetribe.com/t/K2ThJ9i...QjuU7dYrADneRg

Written about 180 RWHP. How to get this result?
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Novice
    Dean Adams exhaust & ECM kit. Also saves weight!

EBRforum Novice
    The tribe is set so members can post things. They also have a decent smartphone app for a nice break from facebook and twitter and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Porcaro View Post
    Dean Adams exhaust & ECM kit. Also saves weight!
    The noise from the muffler does not interfere with street driving? Or track-use only?
    I read about 99 dB at idle speed and about 130 dB at high RPM. It is true?
    Last edited by zviadi; 12-01-2016 at 02:38 PM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Novice
    I don't know but I can say it's not bad. Nothing compared to some of the diarrhea harleys around here. It is loud but not obnoxious and has a nice tone which gets better/smoother as carbon builds up. It may be a bit much if you're riding more than a couple hours but I want to stop from soreness by that time anyways. When I get off after extended periods like that my head does have a slight ring but it's certainly offset by all the fun I just had. I think it's a good value all around.

Thanks for information.
    I don't fear for my ears, i fear for the ears of the neighbors on the traffic))) But if you say that nothing critical - I believe you.

Is there any information on the impact of the exhaust system on the engine-life, fuel and oil consumption? Does engine-life suffer in daily driving?
    What is the mileage of your motorcycle with this exhaust?
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Junkie
    Fuel consumption is slightly higher, it is tuned on the rich side. Stock I would see 115 miles before the light came on, now it's more like 100 miles and it comes on. Nothing else as far as burned oil or reduced engine life. Low end fueling is better than stock (responsiveness) and has a little more power available everywhere.

EBRforum Novice
    You're welcome. There's no engine suffering. If anything I'd think the life would be increased with less restriction, heat, and a tune not emissions oriented. These engines are really tough though and will last regardless. I don't have a definitive answer on the fuel consumption difference. I'm guessing it uses a bit more but I cannot compare as I never rode or even started it with the stock system. I think I go 100-110 miles between low fuel lights but honestly I don't pay attention. I got the bike with 2 miles and it now has 1450~ and that system has been on the entire time like I said. And if it's consuming any oil you have other problems :)

Currently I'd recommend it over any other system. I don't like rear mount mufflers on these bikes, only under-slung. Better looks, less weight, more power, and in this case less money as well. The only exception is if the bike were stock and I needed to keep it that way.

People say it sounds amazing, like an attractive intimidation. This and a quickshifter made an already fun ride just incredible for a relatively small cost.

Sometimes when I start off I say to myself "Okay I'm just going to take it easy today" then somehow I end up out in the country going 150+

EBRforum Novice
    Dean snuck in there, thank you