Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EBR Reliability

EBRforum Junkie
    Also 6" and 250lbs.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Led Boots View Post
    Yeah, the traffic issue is going to be primary concern. That's why I was worried about the clutch pull. In a state where lane splitting is illegal, and a city/area where it is strictly enforced, my daily afternoon traffic jam ritual could be difficult. I think I would plan on going up to a 43 or 44 tooth (maybe even a 45?) rear sprocket to help stay off the clutch as much as possible in that scenario.
    I ride on the stock bike with stock levers and sprockets. No problem with clutch pull.
    Habit))

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7982881.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	763.1 KB 
ID:	1254
    It is the most favorite bike.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Junkie
    Again, not a problem. Like above, my bike is stock in that respect.
    And my afternoon drive home is in 20 to 40mph range..!

Mike

EBRforum Novice
    Led Boots, I completely understand the differences in bikes and riding styles. Been riding cruisers (Sporty and dresser) all my life (22 years and counting) and about a year ago i decided i wanted an 1125R. I've always loved the looks of them. With the prices so low, I picked one up and drove it home about two and a half hours first time out. It was such a difference that it was along time before I was able to get comfortable on it.
    Right about the time i get the bike set up to my liking is when the huge price dip on the EBR's. Ended up buying an SX and having it shipped from CA to CT, only saw it online and never sat on it. Got the bike and my god the clutch pull is ridiculous, but was able to get used to it in a couple trips.

So enjoy your new ride and its easy to end up on one wheel at times.